Cybersecurity Readiness Assessment
Cybersecurity requires much more than just securing your perimeter or end point. It requires a process that includes assessing risk and applying security measures to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of mission-critical information from outside AND insider threats.
Recent breaches (such as the Office of Personnel Management data breach in June 2015, which was one of the largest breaches of government data in the history of the United States) bring the reality of such exposures directly to both organizations and individual employees. Senior executives across governments are now closely examining their security in the wake of this compromised national and personnel security.
These seven questions can help you assess your ability to identify, lock down, and secure information across your Agency.
- Can you quickly locate and secure PII /classified items within all areas of your agency?
- Can you systematically track and share cyber- attack information across your organization?
- Is your agency's information secure for employees/ stakeholders with mobile /BYOD?
- Can you ensure that employees do not use unsecured solutions (ie.personal email) to do their work?
- Do you have standards-compliant Enterprise Information Management (EIM) capabilities embedded in your systems?
- Do you have capabilities to detect and report insider breaches in and across all areas?
- Are you confident in your agency with regard to the recent White House Cybersecurity mandates?
If you answer “no” to any of the questions above, OpenText has a comprehensive Cybersecurity framework including operations and compliance capabilities, based on our industry leading Enterprise Information Management (EIM) solutions for Government.
You may also find this OpenText CEO Blog on Cybersecurity in Government a useful read.
OpenText has provided government customers in more than 75 countries with dependable, well supported, continuously improved, and expanded enterprise information management solutions for over 20 years. We take the security and compliance requirements of governments seriously and continually demonstrate our commitment to understanding public sector customer’s feedback by producing and improving visionary technology to enhance the security, preservation, access, and value of their information. If you would like to discuss your cybersecurity needs, please complete the contact form on the right of the page.