Industrial Internet of Things and Intelligent Manufacturing best practices to drive operational agility
Connected Manufacturing and Evolution of the Smart Factory
The Industrial internet of things (IIoT) is no longer just a buzzword. According to research1, nearly 100 percent of global organizations are planning, piloting or implementing an IIoT platform to streamline their connected manufacturing operations.
Get the IDG white paper and webcast bundle to learn about the opportunities available with an IIoT implementation and why companies are using IIoT to enhance machine to machine (M2M) connectivity, achieve operational efficiency and gain greater insights from manufacturing equipment.
Learn about how global organizations benefit from IIoT to:
- Reduce the downtime of machines and equipment
- Track machine performance so product failures are quickly detected
- Create revenue streams through new products and service
Ready to design a smart factory? Here are the factors to consider when selecting an IIoT solution:
- Integration – does the solution easily connect with enterprise applications, legacy systems and cloud services?
- Analytics – does the IIoT platform enhance the data-driven decision-making abilities of the enterprise?
- Connectivity – can all IIoT devices be easily managed throughout all stages of their lifecycle?
- Security – is an IIoT solution able to protect all connected IoT devices from cyberattacks?
- 1 IDG Market Pulse: IIoT challenges and opportunities, 2019