OpenText Delivers a Flexible Path to the Cloud, Enhanced Security and Compliance and Visibility into Supply Chain Risk
New Release Responds to Enterprise and Government Demands with Updates to Market-Leading EIM Portfolio
Waterloo, ON –
OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX), (TSX: OTEX), a global leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM), today announced its latest technology update, with innovations across its entire portfolio. This release further improves the capture, governance, exchange and use of information to drive productivity, growth and a lasting competitive advantage.
“OpenText builds the world’s most impressive and compelling EIM platform, designed to help companies gain the agility, scale and capability they need to empower their workforces and delight customers,” said Mark J. Barrenechea, OpenText CEO & CTO. “Today’s release furthers this mission, bringing to market new SaaS and cloud-native apps, advanced security services and the most progressive supply chain management tools available.”
Accelerating Cloud Leadership This release advances the company’s cloud leadership with the introduction of cloud-native applications for OpenText™ Content Services, including OpenText™ Content Suite Platform, OpenText™ Extended ECM Platform, OpenText™ Documentum™ and OpenText™ InfoArchive.
These cloud-native Content Services applications update automatically, scale dramatically, and run anywhere – both on- and off-cloud and represent important progress on the company’s path to launching OpenText Cloud Editions (CE) in 2020.
OpenText has a growing portfolio of next-generation SaaS applications designed to manage information and content-intensive business processes. OpenText Core applications are built on OpenText™ OT2 next-generation EIM-as-a-Service platform.
This release introduces:
- OpenText™ Core for Federated Compliance, a centralized application for oversight of records policies across multiple content repositories. Available immediately for Documentum, the application features a unique hybrid architecture which honors local control and data sovereignty requirements.
- OpenText™ Core Experience Insights, a SaaS application that provides marketing leaders full visibility over their customer’s journey – from website interactions to email engagement, social media content and call center performance.
Addressing Today’s Complex Security Challenges Security is at the forefront of every OpenText product and service. This update, announced at OpenText Enfuse, provides new tools and capabilities to solve today’s most complex investigative, legal, and information security challenges.
- OpenText professional services now provides a threat-hunting service which integrates OpenText™ EnCase™ Endpoint Security with OpenText™ Magellan™ AI and analytics to reduce response times and expedite the detection, response and remediation of threats. The new offering helps customers with incident response, regular threat-hunting to protect endpoints and networks, and ongoing security training and optimization.
- OpenText™ EnCase™ Endpoint Security adds powerful new tools to help security teams monitor and detect threats, including real-time continuous monitoring of endpoints with 400+ new anomaly detection values and new MITRE ATT&CK OOTB anomaly rules.
- OpenText™ EnCase™ Forensics features enhanced search to help investigators discover deleted or modified information more quickly during forensic investigations.
- OpenText™ AI & Analytics helps ease some of the privacy and compliance requirements associated with regulations like GDPR and CCPA via the automatic identification of personal identifiable information (PII) in unstructured data and other sources.
- The OpenText Identity and Access Management Platform helps customers secure identity and access management across domains, providing a frictionless, yet secure experience for users to ensure better security in a zero-trust world.
- OpenText™ Tableau™ forensic hardware now includes first-to-market innovations to help save critical time for investigators via the ability to pause and resume any forensic imaging job, even after a power cycle.
Increasing Agility and Managing Risk in Trading Partners To help enterprises speed time-to-market for supplier engagement and to reduce operational, financial and reputational risk in supplier selection, OpenText is introducing the OpenText Global Partner Directory, a searchable supplier sourcing and onboarding solution.
- With the Global Partner Directory, enterprises can easily connect with suppliers on the OpenText Trading Grid, the world’s largest cross-industry community of B2B supply chain trading partners.
- Advanced data filters within the Global Partner Directory enable users to rapidly and confidently identify the right suppliers to do business with based on multiple factors such as goods sold, company size, regional coverage, trading practices, protocol used and financial risk profile.
- The Global Partner Directory will equip trading partners with tools to support corporate priorities for ethical and sustainable supply chain operations
“The Global Partner Directory will help customers gain visibility of their supply chain risk and take the first step towards ensuring ethical and sustainable supply chains,” said Muhi Majzoub, EVP & Chief Product Officer, OpenText. “We have integrated intelligence and insight into the largest global community of trading partners, helping companies better understand who they are doing business with and ensure their values are aligned.”
Delivering Continuous Innovation in EIM New product updates across the OpenText portfolio provide enhancements to EIM productivity and efficiency.
- Intelligent automation and AI integrations remove manual tasks and add value to business processes, including:
- OpenText Axcelerate adds automated machine-translations of documents for global investigations in partnership with Veritone™ and automated sentiment analysis and entity extract. OpenText eDOCS now features AI-powered search.
- Content suggestion generation and translation in the OpenText Web Content Management Solution, TeamSite.
- Enhancements to the OpenText Extended ECM Platform to enable allowing users to automate multiple simultaneous content-driven processes through asynchronous processing.
- The ability to automate content-related processes with OpenText Vendor Invoice Management, enhanced with machine learning and optical character recognition.
- Enhanced productivity and user experience bring new and efficient ways of working with and across OpenText products, including fresh new visualizations in OpenText™ Magellan Analytics Studio, new authoring tools in OpenText™ Exstream and a new mobile application for OpenText™ Documentum.
- Integrations with world-class products and services improve business results and connect content, information and data to the digital business. This release brings new integration between OpenText Experience portfolio and OpenText™ Hightail, Google Translate, Brightcove’s video hosting platform, Salesforce.com, the Salesforce Marketing Cloud, and SAP®. OpenText Documentum for Life Sciences offers new integrations with Microsoft® SharePoint® Online and OpenText™ Contract Center is now integrated with SAP®.
OpenText, The Information Company™, enables organizations to gain insight through market leading information management solutions, on-premises or in the cloud. For more information about OpenText (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTEX) visit opentext.com.
Connect with us:
OpenText CEO Mark Barrenechea’s blog
Twitter | LinkedIn
Certain statements in this press release may contain words considered forward-looking statements or information under applicable securities laws. These statements are based on OpenText's current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections about the operating environment, economies and markets in which the company operates. These statements are subject to important assumptions, risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict, and the actual outcome may be materially different. OpenText's assumptions, although considered reasonable by the company at the date of this press release, may prove to be inaccurate and consequently its actual results could differ materially from the expectations set out herein. For additional information with respect to risks and other factors which could occur, see OpenText's Annual Report on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other securities filings with the SEC and other securities regulators. Unless otherwise required by applicable securities laws, OpenText disclaims any intention or obligations to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Copyright © 2019 Open Text. All rights reserved. OpenText is a trademark or registered trademark of Open Text. The list of trademarks is not exhaustive of other trademarks. Registered trademarks, product names, company names, brands and service names mentioned herein are property of Open Text or other respective owners.