OpenText Dynamic Portal Module
With OpenText Dynamic Portal Module you can extend your OpenText Web Experience Management solution by publishing content from an enterprise content repository to the OpenText Portal using a set of Web Content Portlets.
OpenText Web Experience Management is natively built for dynamic content delivery. Pages are assembled on demand at the time they are requested by a consumer. Portal-based environments are uniquely equipped with templating, in-context editing, and preview and staging capabilities. OpenText Dynamic Portal Module broadens your Web Experience Management solution with key portal capabilities, allowing you to:
- Combine Web content portlets with other portlet applications, including SAP NetWeaver, Liferay, IBM WebSphere, or Oracle WebCenter
- Leverage the portal users, user profiles, and groups management for personalization features
- Apply the portal authorization model to show or hide certain portlets and content to different audiences
Easy management of dynamic content presentation
Features of the OpenText Dynamic Portal Module include template management, easy management of content presentation, mobile-based delivered model, caching, and inline editing. Other features include:
- Support for friendly URLs
- AJAX-enabled JSP renders
- Portal search connector
- Out-of-the-box personalization (profile implementation class)
- High performance delivery
OpenText Dynamic Portal Module provides an easy to use and powerful framework to implement any desired content presentation. At the heart of the presentation management capabilities lies the fundamental concept of templating. Templating gives you the ability to apply predefined and reusable page templates to fragments of content. In OpenText Dynamic Portal Module each page template is associated with a page in the portal server.
Page templates can be applied to:
- Channels for those pages that build the site navigation tree up
- Content types, so that all instances from this specific content type are presented using the same page template.
Page templates are created, configured, and managed directly from the preview environment.
Additional Key Features
- Page assembly model: OpenText Dynamic Portal Module relies on a logical “page model” to deconstruct individual pages into reusable elements: regions and components. Regions and components can be shared and reused across page templates.
- Page design model: Elements that control the look and feel are built on system content types and can be reused in multiple contexts.
- Mobile-based delivery model: Presentation management capabilities are natively applicable to mobile Web sites that can be managed the same way as “regular” Web sites.
- Caching: Leverages two layers of caching mechanism: object-level caching and fragment-level caching.
- Inline editing: Edit content directly within the preview environment—ideal for users who need to be able to make quick changes and reviews.
- Search and search results: Easily implement search and result set into your site.
- Community tools: Incorporates comments and ratings from OpenText Social Communities.
- Community applications: Provides a point of entry to any Social Community application.
- Components: Use these out-of-the-box components to construct your page: navigation, text, content item, content list, image, and smart list.