OpenText Conflicts Management LegalKEY Edition
A powerful, efficient and flexible way to identify and avoid conflicts of interest.
Implementing a successful conflicts management process across a law firm is a complex undertaking. In order to avoid conflicts of interest a law firm must diligently control its firm-wide client representations and make informed decisions before accepting any new business.
A comprehensive, interactive conflict resolutions system can help lawyers get the information they need to quickly identify, prioritize and resolve potential exposure and begin billable work, while protecting the firm from taking on problematic business.
- Take on new business as quickly as possible while meeting the mandate to protect the firm’s reputation
- Minimize potential for malpractice claims, loss of business, and loss of reputation
- Automatically detect potential infringement on client interests
OpenText™ Conflicts Management, LegalKEY Edition (formerly LegalKEY Conflicts Management™) is the most thorough, flexible, and powerful conflicts checking software available. The sophisticated client matter database links together all relevant information from internal client relationship databases as well as virtually any third-party database. It provides complete reports on client relationships based on information that is indexed in real time. OpenText Conflicts Management, LegalKEY Edition offers firms peace of mind in knowing that attorneys are getting the most complete and accurate information concerning each client matter the firm undertakes.
- Powerful and comprehensive conflicts of interest checking: OpenText Conflicts Management, LegalKEY Edition is the most thorough, flexible, and powerful conflicts checking software available. The sophisticated client matter database links together all relevant information from internal client relationship databases as well as virtually any third-party database. It provides complete reports on client relationships based on information that is indexed in real time.
- Unparalleled search capabilities: The amount of data that a broad conflicts search generates can be overwhelming to both the firm’s attorneys and the conflicts staff. Unique filtering capabilities that enable progressive narrowing of search results provide unparalleled precision and ensure maximum control over even the most complex conflicts queries. Multi-line search capabilities also allow conflicts staff to provide a single, concise report to attorneys with the results for all parties on a given matter.
- Seamless integration with time and billing software as well as document management solutions: OpenText Conflicts Management, LegalKEY Edition easily leverages client, matter, and employee information from business-critical systems in real time. The proven search and reporting capabilities of OpenText Conflicts Management, LegalKEY Edition are seamlessly integrated with leading time and billing software, including Thomson Elite and CMS Open as well as document and content management systems.
- Broad range of preconfigured conflicts reports: OpenText Conflicts Management, LegalKEY Edition offers the most comprehensive library of conflicts reports available on the market. By providing this unparalleled range of reports, firms save time and resources while providing their attorneys with the most complete and accurate conflicts reports and analysis possible. For attorneys, being provided with concise, highly intuitive and tailored reports means they spend less time sifting through conflicts search results and more time billing hours.
- Seamless integration with Dun & Bradstreet and other third-party databases: OpenText Conflicts Management, LegalKEY Edition enables conflicts staff to include Dun & Bradstreet (or a subset of the D&B database), or virtually any other third-party system, in order to help users identify corporate linkages and business-to-business conflicts on potential and existing clients, regardless of industry. This allows the firms to search other internal data sources as part of the conflict check without having to conduct integrations with the LegalKEY repository.
- Integration with United States Treasury Department Office of Foreign Asset Control Specially Designated Nationals List (OFAC/SDN): Online integration with the U.S. Treasury Department Office of Foreign Asset Control/Specially Designated Nationals list ensures compliance with the U.S. Patriot Act and other regulatory measures.
- Standard party cleanup and batch import utilities: OpenText Conflicts Management, LegalKEY Edition provides a standard party cleanup utility for system conversions, merger and acquisitions, and other instances involving database consolidation. It eliminates knowledge gaps, decreases training time and reduces chances of human error while increasing productivity in terms of conflicts search analysis and ensuring data integrity. OpenText Conflicts Management, LegalKEY Edition also provides a timesaving utility for importing data to be included in large volume searches, including those for matters related to class actions, mergers, acquisitions, or bankruptcies.