EnCase Certified eDiscovery Practitioner (EnCEP) Program
The EnCase™ Certified eDiscovery Practitioner (EnCEP) program certifies private- and public-sector professionals in the use of the OpenText™ EnCase™ Information Assurance software as well as their proficiency in eDiscovery planning, project management, and best practices, spanning legal hold to load file creation. EnCase Information Assurance is the leading eDiscovery solution for the search, collection, preservation, and processing of electronically stored information (ESI).
Earning the EnCEP certification illustrates that a practitioner is skilled in the application of the solution to manage and successfully complete all sizes of electronic discovery matters in accordance with the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.
EnCEP requirements and process
Step 1: Training and experience requirements
You need to have attended the live eDiscovery with EnCase Information Assurance course AND have three months of work experience in electronic discovery collection, processing, and/or project management.
Step 2: Complete the EnCEP application
Download and complete the application and mail or email it to the Certification Coordinator:
Attn: Certification Coordinator
1055 East Colorado Boulevard Suite 400
Pasadena, CA 91106-2375
The cost of the test is $500.00 USD, which includes:
- The EnCEP examination delivered online with the ExamBuilder engine.
- EnCEP certificate and wallet card upon successful completion of the program.
Step 3: Register for test
Once the application has been received and approved, you will:
- Be notified and directed to register online to begin the invoicing process.
- Invoices will be sent to you from our OpenText Billing Department.
- Payment methods (credit card, check, or purchase order) and instructions are included on the invoice.
- Receive an email with the registration information to take the EnCEP test online.
Step 4: Take the written exam
- With the information provided by the Certification Coordinator, log onto ExamBuilder to take the computer-based written exam. You will have two(2) hours to complete the test.
- Minimum passing score is 80%.
- If your organization or personal information changes prior to retesting, you will need to submit a new application.
- If you do not pass this test, you can retake the test within 30 days. If you are not successful on the second attempt, you must coordinate with the Certification Coordinator for retesting after a 60-day waiting period. After three unsuccessful attempts, you will need to wait for 60 days before reapplying for the EnCEP certification.
- Contacting any EnCEP examiners or trainers while you are undergoing the EnCEP testing process will be considered cheating and result in immediate failure and exclusion from future testing.
Step 5: EnCEP Certification and renewal process
- Those who pass the EnCEP exam will be notified via email and issued an electronic EnCEP certificate and wallet card.
- EnCEP certifications are valid for three years from date obtained. The cost to renew your EnCEP certification is $250.00 USD if the renewal process is begun before expiration.
- EnCEP holders are responsible for knowing their certification expiration date. Should your certification expire and the requirements not fulfilled before the expiration date, you will be required to restart the EnCEP process from the examination and the cost is $500.00 USD. Extensions will not be granted. If you are unsure of your expiration date please email EnCaseCertification@opentext.com.
- Detailed information about the renewal process and submitting renewal credit is available on the EnCEP renewal page.
- If you have any questions regarding EnCEP, please contact EnCaseCertification@opentext.com.