ED290 - eDiscovery Training with EnCase Information Assurance
Duration: 4 Days
This hands-on course (previously called EnCase eDiscovery Training) addresses the rapidly increasing need for electronic discovery (eDiscovery) in the corporate arena. Today’s business litigation almost always involves some form of electronic evidence discovery. In many cases email, documents, or other digital files are the clearest forms of evidence. This course provides instruction on using EnCase Information Assurance to efficiently gather and process electronic data.
Delivery method: Group-Live. NASBA defined level: advanced.
CPE Credits - 32
This course provides in-depth instruction on the eDiscovery process. During this course:
- Participants will learn the components of the EnCase Information Assurance product, including but not limited to how the process scales from addressing small to enterprise-wide discovery
- Students will come to understand the differences between digital forensics and eDiscovery processes
- Participants will discuss various protocols used to plan and prepare for an effective, comprehensive eDiscovery procedure
- Students will identify, observe, and create custodians, sources, and targets used during eDiscovery processes and collections
- Participants will import and create criteria, conditions, and jobs to conduct pre-collection analytics and the collection of ESI (electronic sources of information)
- Students will organize and import ESI in the form of:
- Full-disk images
- Logical evidence files (LEFs) of various data, including PSTs
- RAW PST files
- Participants will process the ESI by:
- Creating conditions and criteria to process, manage, and collect desired data
- Crafting search expressions, including but not limited to keyword searches and hash value queries
- Separating responsive files from non-responsive files
- Bifurcating or separating email- related files from regular files
- Creating a workflow to bifurcate email and files, dedupe records, and produce responsive records and entries
- Students will use results of processing tasks to create output files, known as “deliverables,” for review
- Participants will create and produce various reports describing collection and processing methodology and presenting the collected data
- Attendees will learn how to review collected and processed data in EnCase Web
- Students will receive a link with various course resources, including but not limited to example conditions and criteria as well as other sources of information to use within an eDiscovery matter
- Participants will come to understand how the remediation functionality is utilized within EnCase Information Assurance
This course is intended for anyone who would like to substantially impact the cost and efficiency of their organization’s eDiscovery process. Students should either own EnCase Information Assurance or be exploring the purchasing of the product. While this course covers certain universal aspects of eDiscovery that are independent of EnCase, this course is intended to show students how the EnCase Information Assurance solution can enhance this process.
This course focuses specifically on the use of OpenText™ EnCase™ Information Assurance software (previously called EnCase eDiscovery). The class is only relevant to individuals who own this solution or are seriously considering purchasing it..
|Per Student at OpenText Site||€||2,800.00|
|Per Student at OpenText Site||GBP||2,200.00|
|Per Student at OpenText Site||USD||3,200.00|
Taxes: All prices exclude VAT or other taxes where applicable (all currencies).
Extra expenses: Customer site course prices do not include instructor travel expenses, which are billed separately.
Reservations: Please provide a minimum of 3 weeks advance notice when arranging courses at customer sites.
Course and workshop calendar
Below is a listing of all the currently available dates and locations for this course or workshop from OpenText.
|Start Date||End Date||Start Time||TimeZone||Session Duration||Language||Location||Price||Currency||Guaranteed To Run||Add|
|Jul 18, 2023||Jul 21, 2023||08:00||(UTC-04:00) America/New_York (EDT)||Full Day||English||Virtual Classroom - North America GSI Eastern Time||3,200.00||USD||Add to cart|
|Jul 18, 2023||Jul 21, 2023||08:00||(UTC-04:00) America/New_York (EDT)||Full Day||English||GSI-Gaithersburg, MD||3,200.00||USD||Add to cart|
|Sep 26, 2023||Sep 29, 2023||08:00||(UTC-07:00) America/Los_Angeles (PDT)||Full Day||English||GSI-Pasadena, CA||3,200.00||USD||Add to cart|
|Sep 26, 2023||Sep 29, 2023||08:00||(UTC-07:00) America/Los_Angeles (PDT)||Full Day||English||Virtual Classroom - North America GSI Pacific Time||3,200.00||USD||Add to cart|
|Dec 05, 2023||Dec 08, 2023||08:15||(UTC+00:00) Europe/London (GMT)||Full Day||English||Virtual Classroom - Europe GSI UK Time||2,200.00||GBP||Add to cart|
|Dec 05, 2023||Dec 08, 2023||08:15||(UTC+00:00) Europe/London (GMT)||Full Day||English||GSI-Reading, UK||2,200.00||GBP||Add to cart|