OpenText Report & Output Management for Content Server
Manage reports and other output as part of your Enterprise Information Management (EIM) strategy and provide controlled distribution with security and access controls
Packaged applications like Oracle® E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft® and SAP®, as well as custom, mainframe or legacy applications, generate output that can be managed like other enterprise content. OpenText™ Report & Output Management can ingest this semi-structured content, transform the information into compatible formats and expose it within OpenText Content Server, OpenText eDOCS and Microsoft® SharePoint®.
OpenText Report & Output Management for Content Server extends an organization’s EIM strategy to include output from ERP and mainframe applications and gives business users a single source and consistent user experience to search for, view and print this content.
OpenText Content Server acts as the central repository and foundation for OpenText Enterprise Information Management. With a combination of OpenText Report & Output Management for Content Server and the OpenText Output Transformation suite, batch output such as financial reports, inventory reports, invoices and statements can be ingested and accessed by repositories where such formats are not natively supported.
Users gain the ability to search for and access reports directly from Content Server, eDOCS or SharePoint. However, users are presented only with report content that is specific to their requirements or access rights, which could include entire reports, report segments or specific pages. Report viewing capabilities include annotations, search and sub-reporting, selective printing, extraction, hyperlink access to reports, drill down, page-level security and more.
- Extends EIM to your mainframe system, ERP applications and other semi-structured content and enhances the value of your investment in OpenText ECM Suite
- Consolidates access to all content, including mainframe and ERP report output, through a single interface
- Enables self-service access (electronic bill and statement presentment) for customer billing, statements, invoices and other documents
- Allows you to set access rights for entire reports, report segments or specific pages
- Leverages the retention, accessibility and auditability of fixed content managed in a compliant repository
- Reduces IT backlog associated with custom report generation