OpenText Enhances Release 16 to Digitize Business Processes and Manage Information from Engagement to Insight
Deeper Integrations within the OpenText Platform and with Leading Applications Enable the Flow of Information Inside and Outside of the Enterprise
Waterloo, ON –
OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTEX), a global leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM), today announced Release 16 Enhancement Pack 2 (EP2), the second enhancement pack for OpenText Release 16, the company’s comprehensive, integrated digital information platform that enables customers to digitize any business process and manage information flows across the digital enterprise. With the new enhancements, OpenText Release 16 continues to facilitate the flow of information for the digital enterprise from customer engagement to deep business insight across the OpenText portfolio of software and its ecosystem.
With Release 16, OpenText delivered new user interfaces for increased usability, along with more intelligent search, embedded analytics and reporting, and mobility for better experiences. Focused on cloud optimization, mobility, smart UI, automation, flexibility, self-service, and creative collaboration, EP2 is designed to provide customers with productivity enhancements as well as deeper and broader integration within the OpenText platform and with other leading business applications.
“Today’s disruptive digital technologies, such as the Internet of Things and the Intelligence of Things, have radically transformed both enterprise and consumer spaces, re-shaping our expectations of how we work, collaborate, and conduct business,” said Mark J. Barrenechea, OpenText CEO and CTO. “Our capacity to generate and collect information is greater than ever before, and deriving meaningful insight from that information is the next major transformative activity for business. With OpenText Release 16, we offer customers deeper insights into the information flowing inside and outside of the company to open up new possibilities in their business and set the stage for success.”
“The additional enhancements offered through OpenText Release 16 enable a significant step forward in enterprise information management,” said Muhi Majzoub, executive vice president of Engineering at OpenText. “OpenText empowers our customers to manage and secure their information flows both inside and outside the organization. With Release 16 EP2, we offer customers the features and enhancements they need to take their digital transformation strategy further and uncover valuable insights in their information that will lead their business to success.”
Enhanced Productivity EP2 brings significant enhancements to user productivity across Release 16:
- Experience Suite: EP2 delivers a single, unified CCM platform and upgrade path for all Exstream and Communications Center (StreamServe and PowerDocs) customers. A single platform installer as well as support for multiple document design tools and composition engines enables customers to continue using their existing documents and templates while taking advantage of the new system and its expanded capabilities. EP2 also introduces a new secure, cost-effective deployment of cloud-based outbound voice and web surveys for OpenText™ Qfiniti Survey that improves Voice of the Customer insight by linking survey responses directly to corresponding customer interaction. Survey templates include Bain & Company certified NPS® question definition and customizable brand attributes.
- Business Network: New mobile support for Active Orders enables customers to review, accept, or reject orders on the go, and provides support for order management workflow for the mobile workforce. Additionally, a new Business Event Notification service provides real-time alerts and improves productivity with accurate and timely status notifications.
- Process Suite: Design time improvements and security enhancements simplify and speed application development.
- Content Suite: Enhancements to the Smart UI simplify workflow, collaboration, viewing, and records management. EP2 also includes new data visualization and reporting widgets, a new mobile experience, and deeper integration with Microsoft® Office® Online. Stronger control and governance offer new ways to intuitively add and manage metadata. eDOCS 16.2 will enable single search from the Outlook ribbon that returns all content in the users Outlook mailbox and DM library.
- Discovery Suite: Decisiv 8.0 includes the first release REST API with secure full text and fielded search and a range of other capabilities for a broader range of Decisiv deployments. It also includes document relevancy display and document comparison features, as well as more flexible Smart Filters for even better search results and analysis.
Integrated Information Flows EP2 adds new integrations across the OpenText portfolio:
- Business Network: Active Invoices with Compliance, Active Intelligence, and Active Orders have been integrated with the latest Trading Grid™ platform, while Trading Grid Analytics and data blending capabilities have been extended to all Trading Grid Messaging (TGMS) customers. RightFax, Fax2Mail and Notifications have also been integrated with OpenText™ Analytics to power improved reporting and analytics for on-premises and cloud secure-messaging customers. New integration with Process Suite delivers BPM in the cloud, giving customers the ability to automate unique business processes and support complex integration requirements. EP2 will offer Active Invoice with Compliance (AIC) customers the ability to auto-provision non-EDI trading partners based on introspection of invoices submitted via email attachment.
- Process Suite: Integration into Extended ECM has also been improved so that low-code applications can create tighter connections between content and business processes.
Deeper Ecosystem Connections EP2 brings additional ecosystem connectivity with new connectors and solutions:
- Experience Suite: A new integration of OpenText Media Management with Adobe® Creative Cloud® enables designers to reuse media assets and streamline creative processes. EP2 also introduces a direct integration of the Marketo marketing automation application with OpenText TeamSite for improved campaign experiences.
- Content Suite: Extended ECM platform offers stronger integration with leading applications including SAP® S/4HANA, SAP Cloud for Customer (C4C), SuccessFactors®,Hybris® Marketing, and Archiving for Oracle® EBS. Other enhancements include Lightening & Salesforce 1 UI/mobile support, VIM Integration into S/4 Hana Cloud, and improved Business References to strengthen visibility, functionality, and bulk operations via Extended ECM.
OpenText Release 16 is a single platform that manages and analyzes the entire flow of information from customer engagement to deep business insight. The OpenText EIM portfolio enables the flow of information through Customer Experience Management (CEM) and Business Network (BN); captures and orchestrates the flow of information across complex business processes with Business Process Management (BPM); manages, connects, and distributes information assets with Enterprise Content Management (ECM); adds intelligence on information assets with Discovery; and delivers meaningful business insights from information spread across and beyond the enterprise with Analytics. OpenText’s EIM solutions are available for deployment on-premises, in the cloud, and in hybrid deployments.
Availability EP2 is the next enhancement pack for OpenText Release 16. Generally availability of EP2 has begun and all enhancements are expected to complete by May 31, 2017.
OpenText enables the digital world, creating a better way for organizations to work with information, on premises or in the cloud. For more information about OpenText (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTEX) visit opentext.com.
Connect with us:
OpenText CEO Mark Barrenechea’s blog
Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook
Certain statements in this press release may contain words considered forward-looking statements or information under applicable securities laws. These statements are based on OpenText's current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections about the operating environment, economies and markets in which the company operates. These statements are subject to important assumptions, risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict, and the actual outcome may be materially different. OpenText's assumptions, although considered reasonable by the company at the date of this press release, may prove to be inaccurate and consequently its actual results could differ materially from the expectations set out herein. For additional information with respect to risks and other factors which could occur, see OpenText's Annual Report on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other securities filings with the SEC and other securities regulators. Unless otherwise required by applicable securities laws, OpenText disclaims any intention or obligations to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Copyright ©2017 Open Text Corporation. OpenText is a trademark or registered trademark of Open Text SA and/or Open Text ULC. The list of trademarks is not exhaustive of other trademarks. Registered trademarks, product names, company names, brands and service names mentioned herein are property of Open Text SA or other respective owners. All rights reserved. For more information, visit: http://www.opentext.com/who-we-are/copyright-information.
+1 (925) 600-5114