OpenText Secures Digital Transformation Across the Intelligent and Connected Enterprise
OpenText Release 16 Enhancement Pack 4 Delivers a Secure Platform for Artificial Intelligence, IoT, Content Services, and Extreme Automation
Waterloo, ON –
OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTEX), a global leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM), today announced OpenText Release 16 Enhancement Pack 4 (EP4). This release further extends security, artificial intelligence (AI), the internet of things (IoT), and cloud support into the market-leading OpenText EIM platform.
“The world's leading organizations use the OpenText EIM platform to manage and gain insights from their critical information assets," said Mark J. Barrenechea, OpenText Vice Chair, CEO and CTO. “This latest release enhances protection of these assets from threats and data breaches, while continuing to expand support for advanced AI and extreme automation use-cases.”
Barrenechea continued, “Cybersecurity vulnerabilities represent a real and present threat to today’s digital organization. The value of information in our modern economy requires data-intensive companies to contend with a barrage of cyberattacks, the risk of data breaches, and the growing impact of data privacy regulations. Building any business requires companies to develop and maintain trust with their customers and suppliers. Intelligent and connected enterprises must effectively use, protect, and steward their information in a secured manner.”
OpenText Release 16 EP4 makes it easier for organizations to move to the right hybrid or fully managed cloud environment. New cloud connectors continue to place the OpenText ecosystem at the center of digital business, while working seamlessly with the best-in-breed technologies in asset and resource management, operations, content creation, and content collaboration.
“OpenText is leading the way in how AI will transform EIM and we are revolutionizing how connected enterprises engage with data and information,” said Barrenechea. “Release 16 EP4 creates new opportunities for our customers to leverage the power of hybrid cloud, IoT, AI, and automation to improve the way they securely operate and innovate.”
EP4 brings significant enhancements across Release 16:
- AppWorks: OpenText Process Suite is now AppWorks, a fully customizable automation platform that delivers a compelling low-code development experience and new support for developers.
- Content: Expanding on the simplified user experiences delivered in R16, Content Services EP4 further deepens integrations with leading process applications to drive productivity, strengthens compliance with automated capture of metadata, enhances cloud readiness and advances analytics and reporting. OpenText iHub analytics and reporting are added to OpenText eDOCS.
- Experience: Exstream brings agile cloud CCM applications to omni-channel communications with automated job visualization and end-to-end tracking analysis. TeamSite will take advantage of machine intelligence capabilities to extract concepts and is now enabled with “Search Engine as a Service” and “Taxonomy as a Service” capabilities. For a call center in the cloud, Qfiniti is listed on the AWS Marketplace leveraging Amazon Connect.
- Security: OpenText EnCase Endpoint Security adds bi-directional Splunk integration and other new tools for automated and expedited incident response.
- Discovery: OpenText Axcelerate adds performance, usability and compatibility enhancements for eDiscovery and investigations, plus new data collection services powered by EnCase.
- Analytics: OpenText Magellan introduces out-of-the-box Content Services Platform connectors for integrated content mining, extended data loading options for analysts and business users, and a deeper leveraging of Hadoop and Spark for data processing and Machine Learning.
- Business Network: New integrations with AppWorks and Covisint create new opportunities for automation and IoT. This release of the OpenText Trading Grid bundles predictive analytics for all new customers. OpenText also now offers a new RightFax Managed Services solution, helping companies implement secure communications across their entire business ecosystem while leveraging OpenText people, process and technology.
OpenText, The Information Company™, enables organizations to gain insight through market leading information management solutions, on-premises or in the cloud. For more information about OpenText (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTEX) visit opentext.com.
Connect with us:
OpenText CEO Mark Barrenechea’s blog
Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook
Certain statements in this press release may contain words considered forward-looking statements or information under applicable securities laws. These statements are based on OpenText's current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections about the operating environment, economies and markets in which the company operates. These statements are subject to important assumptions, risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict, and the actual outcome may be materially different. OpenText's assumptions, although considered reasonable by the company at the date of this press release, may prove to be inaccurate and consequently its actual results could differ materially from the expectations set out herein. For additional information with respect to risks and other factors which could occur, see OpenText's Annual Report on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other securities filings with the SEC and other securities regulators. Unless otherwise required by applicable securities laws, OpenText disclaims any intention or obligations to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Copyright © 2018 Open Text. All rights reserved. OpenText is a trademark or registered trademark of Open Text. The list of trademarks is not exhaustive of other trademarks. Registered trademarks, product names, company names, brands and service names mentioned herein are property of Open Text or other respective owners.