OpenText Records Management LegalKEY Edition
A legal-centric approach to managing all electronic and physical records related to a client or matter
With electronic documents and email growing at such an astonishing rate, an effective and efficient records management system is an imperative for any law firm. However, records information is often left unclassified in lawyers’ inboxes and personal folders. Without a regimented process for controlling and tracking both physical and electronic records, firms increase their exposure to serious repercussions, including increased labor and storage costs, a weakened position to tackle email management challenges, and the threat of non-compliance with regulations.
- Legal-Centric and Highly Intuitive Attorney Desktop Interface
- Flexible and Powerful Records Policy Support
- Seamless Integration with Existing Systems
OpenText™ Records Management, LegalKEY Edition provides law firms with a single interface for the comprehensive management of all electronic and physical information related to a client or matter, regardless of source of origin or media type including email, images, electronic documents, voice mail, and facsimiles.
- Unparalleled sophistication, flexibility, and ease-of-use: OpenText Records Management, LegalKEY Edition takes a content-driven, legal-centric approach to records management. Instead of focusing solely on physical media, OpenText Records Management, LegalKEY Edition provides for complete management of all information regardless of source of origin or media type, including email, images, electronic documents, voice mail, and facsimiles.
- Powerful, advanced search engine for law firms: OpenText Records Management, LegalKEY Edition features a powerful, flexible, and accurate search facility that provides firms with the ability to discover all files, subfolders, and documents with a simple keyword search and then hone the result set to view all associated information. Based on strict security profiles and record status, it is then possible for staff to request, reserve, or modify the information. Staff can also create files, inserts, and documents from standard lists and electronically scan files and insert barcodes, simplifying time-consuming tasks such as packing boxes, running off-site transfers, requisitions, check-out processes, re-files, and conducting office inventories.
- Legal-specific attorney desktop interface: The LegalKEY Attorney Desktop module gives users a complete view of everything in the client/matter index, both electronic and physical, and provides end-users with limited and controlled access to the records management system.
- Single system to manage both electronic and physical records: OpenText Records Management, LegalKEY Edition provides for complete lifecycle management of all knowledge assets regardless of format. Whether the source of origin is physical or electronic, including email, scanned images, Microsoft® Office® documents, or other digital forms, work product is managed consistently and in accordance with industry best practices from creation through to ultimate disposition.
- Facilitates sound retention policies: OpenText Records Management, LegalKEY Edition provides for the establishment of retention schedules for all files, regardless of media or source of origin. Using a flexible approach, files are assigned lifecycle management rules that allow a firm to enforce its approved records management program across media and item types.
Download more information on OpenText Records Management, LegalKEY Edition