Platform and Developer Extensions
Learn More About How OpenText Can Help You
- Business Needs
- Resource Center
Platform and Developer Extensions Overview
The OpenText ECM platform is highly extensible through configuration and customization. There are a number of powerful developer tools that allow for easy customization of the platform to meet the specifics needs of each ECM implementation. Designed to create scalable enterprise solutions, the developer tools enable rapid development and deployment of customizations across your ECM deployment; enable integrations with OpenText EIM services and enterprise applications; and allow creation of applications that extend the ECM platform. Partners and customers leverage these tools to build complete applications, solutions for specific business issues, and customized experiences for core ECM implementations. Whatever the integration, customization or application you need to enhance and extend your ECM implementation, these tools provide simple, secure and easily upgradable developer access points.
Key features include:
- Access and manipulate Content Server components including document management objects, user and group objects, attributes, workflow objects and search functionality
- Execute LiveReports from custom applications
- Create applications and components that manipulate ECM data in a distributed environment. Extend these to bring together structured and unstructured data and processes
- Customize user experiences to provide dashboards, visual and role-based views and specific UI enhancements that maximum ease of use
Establish consistent, auditable and defensible Information Governance across your business
Enterprise information is growing at an exponential rate, where business applications are moving from the desktop to a variety of mobile devices and where information itself resides anywhere—in the cloud or on–premise. The firewall is no longer the "boundary" of the business, making it harder than ever to enforce information management policies and ensure compliance.
Companies everywhere are realizing the value that an Information Governance initiative can have for their business—in more ways than one. With the amount of information growing at an exponential rate, new regulations and policies are constantly coming into effect, and this has increased both the need for, and value of, Enterprise Information Management.
Best practices and solutions that help meet compliance and risk mitigation mandates imposed by law, regulators, or internal quality standards are complemented by a keen focus on developing ways to capitalize on the kinds of productivity and efficiency gains that grow out of an asset-management approach to corporate information. Enterprise Information Management (EIM) solutions can help companies deliver a governance program to deal with corporate information, the consumers and creators of that information, in the context of real business processes.
Successful Information Governance programs demand that companies balance the needs and priorities to mitigate legal and business risk, take advantage of information to drive business value, and minimize the costs of managing information.
Platform and Developer Extensions Products
Appworks is the new OpenText developer platform that allows you to quickly and easily build well-designed, purpose-specific apps for your enterprise.
- Create, deploy and manage apps that connect to OpenText services
- Low cost application development using pervasive web technology
- Write once, deploy to all platforms (web browser, smartphone and tablet)
Content Intelligence combines the proven WebReports and ActiveView technologies, along with new productized dashboards, reports, and wizards to help delight your users
- Accelerate user adoption, productivity, and management insight
- Quickly deploy tailored user experiences for each department that aggregate multi-system information
- Develop with standard web technologies
ECM in the Cloud
Featured ECM Downloads
How to manage content chaos
by Rachel Teisch
Five reasons to attend HSA Capture 2019
by Ryan Smith
Embrace the new age of intelligent capture
by Ryan Smith