Impressed with its extensive healthcare background and familiarity with numerous client health system applications, the consumer digital health company selected the industry-leading cloud platform OpenText™ Alloy™ for Healthcare to perform the following integration and data management functions on its behalf:
- Pull clinical and claims information for new enrollees from various providers, cleanse the data and map it to the company’s data warehouse in the required format.
- Provide master patient index (MPI) functionality for patient reconciliation, as well as de-duplication functionality.
- Retrieve blood glucose observation data gathered by the company’s connected devices for delivery back to providers’ client health systems.
- Provide ongoing, bidirectional integration between the company and providers’ client health systems for the duration of a patient’s participation in the company’s chronic condition care program.
The health company is already reinventing one wheel: diabetes management. There was no need to reinvent another, especially one that is not in the company’s wheelhouse. By taking advantage of OpenText integration expertise and technology, the consumer digital health company realized the following benefits at significantly reduced cost:
- Improved time to market.
- Fast patient adoption of its personalized diabetes management program.
- Built-in compliance with the rigorous security needs of the healthcare industry.
- Ability to stay focused on driving innovation in consumer usability and analytics.