OpenText Unveils New Generation of Web-Based High-Performance Remote Application Access Solution
Exceed VA TurboX Lets Linux and UNIX Users Take Business Applications "To Go"
Waterloo, ON –
OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTC), the global leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM), today announced OpenText Exceed VA TurboX (ETX), a faster and more secure, web-based remote application access solution that allows enterprise users to work and collaborate virtually using Linux and UNIX® applications and desktops anywhere in the world.
Built to support mission-critical environments, Linux and UNIX run some of the most demanding business applications supporting diverse functions such as finance, electronic design automation, engineering, oil & gas exploration, infrastructure monitoring and transportation. Providing faster and more secure access to these applications for a mobile and geographically dispersed workforce can be challenging. Users want the same level of support and accessibility, whether they are travelling, attending off-site meetings or conducting business from a home office.
"Designed for the enterprise data center, ETX improves the security, manageability, and availability of Linux and UNIX applications," said Gary Weiss, senior vice president and general manager, Information Exchange and Cloud, OpenText. "It helps to remove the limitations and complexities of traditional remote access solutions by offering the fastest connection to your business wrapped in a uniquely intuitive user experience."
OpenText Exceed VA TurboX will offer a superior level of performance and stability and includes the following key benefits:
- Universal Web Access – Applications hosted in the user's data center can be securely accessed from anywhere in the world. A simple and intuitive interface deployed from a supported web browser lets users launch and connect to their applications in seconds.
- Uninterrupted Productivity – Using ETX, remotely accessing UNIX applications is as familiar and seamless as logging on from the office or via a LAN interface, providing the same level of speed and performance, and eliminating the frustration of poor quality and slow connections.
- Increased Cost-Efficiency – With ETX, businesses can extend the reach of their data centers to span the globe, enabling more people to access fewer data centers by addressing the typical network latency limitations of user proximity to the data center. And the ultra-high performance of ETX reduces the need for users to have expensive UNIX workstations.
"Cadence and OpenText have had a long-standing and mutually beneficial relationship, one that allows us to provide excellent service and products for our customers," said Steven Lewis, product marketing director, Cadence. "I am excited for the innovative possibilities the new release of OpenText Exceed VA TurboX brings and I look forward to having OpenText as a member of the Cadence Connections Program for many years to come."
NXP Semiconductors, an OpenText customer using leading EDA tools to design high performance mixed signal products, was part of an exclusive preview program that allowed them, and other selected customers, to test, review and provide input to ETX during its development cycle.
"OpenText Exceed VA TurboX provides a high performance remote access solution for our global engineering work force, allowing them to do their work efficiently while keeping our IP secure, which is critical to our continued success," said Henk Coenen, Manager, R&D IT Applications, NXP Semiconductors. "OpenText intimately understands our needs and has created a remote Linux/UNIX application access solution that brings unparalleled productivity to our R&D users while helping us to leverage existing IT Infrastructure and lower administrative costs."
Exceed VA TurboX is available now. For more information:
- Request a trial at http://connectivity.opentext.com/etx
- Visit OpenText at DesignCon 2014, January 29-30, where Exceed VA TurboX will be showcased at booth #851
- Register to attend OpenText's December 10th webinar, "Introduction to OpenText Exceed VA TurboX," for an in-depth and technical demonstration
- View OpenText's Exceed VA TurboX Architecture whitepaper
- Read the blog of Mark Barrenechea, OpenText's CEO
- OpenText EIM Resource Center offers the latest customer videos, whitepapers and more
- Connect with OpenText:
OpenText provides Enterprise Information Management software that helps companies of all sizes and industries to manage, secure and leverage their unstructured business information, either in their data center or in the cloud. Over 50,000 companies already use OpenText solutions to unleash the power of their information. To learn more about OpenText (NASDAQ: OTEX; TSX: OTC), please visit: www.opentext.com.
Certain statements in this press release may contain words considered forward-looking statements or information under applicable securities laws. These statements are based on OpenText's current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections about the operating environment, economies and markets in which the company operates. These statements are subject to important assumptions, risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict, and the actual outcome may be materially different. OpenText's assumptions, although considered reasonable by the company at the date of this press release, may prove to be inaccurate and consequently its actual results could differ materially from the expectations set out herein. For additional information with respect to risks and other factors which could occur, see OpenText's Annual Report on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other securities filings with the SEC and other securities regulators. Unless otherwise required by applicable securities laws, OpenText disclaims any intention or obligations to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Copyright ©2013 Open Text Corporation. OpenText is a trademark or registered trademark of Open Text SA and/or Open Text ULC. The list of trademarks is not exhaustive of other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names, company names, brands and service names mentioned herein are property of Open Text SA or other respective owners. All rights reserved. For more information, visit: http://www.opentext.com/2/global/site-copyright.html_SKU.