Learning Services – EnCase & Axcelerate
Take things slowly or dive right in
Learn online in a dedicated live classroom, go to a certified training center or take an on demand class online. Learn more
- vClass - Virtual classes
Online training is a widely accepted and highly effective way of getting up to speed with new tools, information and the latest technology developments. Whether taking self-paced courses, such as OpenText™ EnCase™ on demand training courses, or using our latest offering, streaming virtual classrooms (vClass) training, the time and budget efficiencies are undeniable.
Take courses from anywhere
EnCase vClass training brings the live classroom experience directly to students. vClass training streams live and is led by the same instructional team that has successfully helped more than 80,000 students begin, succeed and become leaders in the world of digital investigations. Developed and delivered by real world digital investigators, the courses offer hands-on use of the EnCase product suite and deliver a solid and practical understanding of the methodology and skills needed to succeed in digital investigations of all types.
Live instructor desktop view and live EnCase access
More than just a video broadcast, vClass training provides live access to the instructor's desktop as they deliver the training. vClass training offers remote access to computers running EnCase, while online proctors address questions. Using Smart Board technology, the industry standard for online learning software, as well as a dedicated computer for each student, vClass training can transform whatever seat you're sitting in into a classroom chair.
Complement on demand and classroom training
vClass is the perfect complement to either self-paced, on demand training courses online or to traditional classroom training. Multiple modes make it easier and more cost-effective to attend training regularly.
- Offers online access to the same world-class digital investigations courses provided in the classroom
- Eliminates travel expenses associated with in person training
- Provides a convenient method to get started with products or update skills
- Increases opportunities to use Training Passport or Flex Training seats
- Delivers qualified training hours towards EnCE, EnCEP, and CFSR certifications
- A desktop or laptop computer with DUAL MONITORS (dual monitors are required for remote classroom access alongside the remote desktop).
- Internet access
- Web browser
- Mac or Windows operating system (Recommended)
- Latest versions of Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Reader
- Telephone access (hardline or mobile) in case unique support needs arise (normal support handled via class software)
- Speakers or a headset for audio portion
- If you are behind a company firewall, you may need to have your Network Administrator add an exception to your firewall, allowing access to: https://encaseondemand.adobeconnect.com
- If you are being blocked when attempting to access LogMeIn, you will need your Network Administrator to allow communication through the firewall for the following: LogMeIn.exe:TCP Port 443.
Terms and conditions:
- The EnCase Annual Training Passport or the Flex Training Package may be used for any Training vClass classes provided that the holder meets the course prerequisites.
- Manuals for vClass courses will be shipped 10 days before the first day of training, provided that the course tuition is paid.
- Students who register less than one week prior to the start date will receive a temporary electronic copy of the manual. A physical copy of the manual will be shipped but is not guaranteed to arrive before the course start date.
- vClass students receive an electronic version of the same EnCase certificate of completion as students participating in classroom training. This certificate can be used to fulfill the training requirements for EnCE, EnCEP, and CFSR certification applications and renewals.
- After purchasing an individual course, students have 12 months to use their vClass course credit (or for Annual Training Passport holders, until the Passport expires). Any unused credits will be forfeited after 12 months or when the passport expires.
- Students must return unused materials within 60 days from the date of purchase to be eligible for a refund. All materials must be returned in resalable condition.
Corporate and government agencies use EnCase software to search, collect, preserve and analyze digital information for the purposes of computer forensics investigations, information assurances, e-discovery collection, data loss prevention, compliance with mandated regulations and more. To help maximize their use of EnCase products, OpenText provides access to its world-class courses online with EnCase Training OnDemand.
Take training courses anytime, anywhere
EnCase Training OnDemand is designed specifically for professionals in law enforcement, IT, legal departments and government agencies who need to remain onsite due to investigation pressure, budget cuts or staffing concerns, but also need to prepare to provide credible testimonies for digital investigations. With EnCase Training OnDemand, investigators can receive the critical training they need to do their jobs effectively, from anywhere in the world at their own convenience.
Work with EnCase software and qualified instructors
EnCase Training OnDemand offers the exact same level of training currently available at the OpenText training facilities. All exercises, lectures, quizzes and exams are presented online in guided, interactive tutorials and streaming video presentations.
- Online access to world-class courses in digital investigations
- Get up and running quickly on EnCase software
- Learn at an individualized pace
- Control the training schedule and location
- Qualify for training hours earned towards certification programs: EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE®), EnCase Certified eDiscovery Practitioner (EnCEP®) or EnCase Certified Forensic Security Responder (CFSR ®).
- A desktop/laptop computer (Microsoft® Windows operating system is recommended)
- Internet access
- Latest version of Adobe® Flash Player software
- Latest version of Adobe Reader software
- Some courses offer the ability to conduct practical exercises on a remote workstation. A web browser and the Microsoft Windows Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) is utilized to connect. Mac OSX workaround is available, but not supported.
- The ability to install web browser plugins:
- Portwise Access Client
- ActiveX or Java™ (depending on Web browser used)
Terms and conditions:
- Manuals are only available electronically. Physical copies of manuals are not available for Training OnDemand courses.
- The EnCase Annual Training Passport may be used for any of our Training OnDemand classes, provided that the holder meets the course prerequisites. Students may only be concurrently enrolled in two Training OnDemand classes.
- After purchasing an individual course, students have 12 months to use their Training OnDemand course credit (or for Annual Training Passport holders, until the Passport expires). Any unused credits will be forfeited after 12 months or when the passport expires.
- EnCase Training OnDemand students receive an electronic version of the same EnCase certificate of completion as students participating in classroom training.
- CPE credit is not available for Training OnDemand courses at this time.
- On-site training
This program is designed for organizations that need EnCase training but do not have a computer training laboratory or travel budget. OpenText instructors will travel and conduct the training onsite at an organization, supplying all the necessary equipment and materials. This program is ideal for organizations who need to train a number of employees at the same time, but cannot afford to have personnel away from the office. Students will receive the same high-quality instruction that they would at an OpenText training facility.
- Minimum of six students in the U.S. or 8 internationally; maximum 24 students.
- Classes will be held Tuesday through Friday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm ET
- The hosting agency will supply a room that will seat the number of students that will attend the course with an adequate power source, a white board, and a projection screen.
- OpenText will provide an instructor, notebook computers, a digital projector and all classroom materials.
- The pricing is the same as our regular instructor-led courses with these additional charges:
- Lab shipping fee. The fee is $1,000 USD for training locations in the U.S. and $1,500 USD for international locations.
- Instructor fee. The fee is $5,000 USD for one instructor for up to 12 students and $10,000 USD for two instructors for 13–24 students. The fee covers all instructor travel and expenses.
- Annual Training Passports and Flex Training Package seats cannot be used for on-site training.
No discounts are available, and on-site training fees cannot be combined with any other offer or program. There are no refunds for unused seats.
To purchase, please contact EnCase Training or call 1-626-463-7966.
- Training Partners
Questions? Email the EnCase Training team or call +1-626-463-7966.
New to EnCase products?
Ramp up quickly with the following courses: