Companies House Adopts OpenText ECM
Central Document and Records Storage Aids Compliance, Service Levels, and Efficiency.
- Need to meet Government targets for centralised document and record management
- Lack of structure in document storage, users able to define their own
- Legacy systems unable to meet emerging requirements
- Better management of information in a consistent structure enabling faster searching
- Able to meet Government targets for centralised document and record management
- Ability to meet Freedom of Information compliance requirements
About Companies House
Companies House, an executive agency of the Department for Business, Innovation, and Skills (BIS), is the public sector body responsible for the incorporation and dissolving of limited companies throughout the United Kingdom. They also examine and store company information delivered under the Companies Act and related legislation, making this information available to the public.
Companies House is headquartered in Cardiff, Wales, where records for both England and Wales are managed. Their Edinburgh and Belfast offices are responsible for Scotland and Ireland respectively. There is also an information office in London.
Company registration has been active in the UK since 1844, and today more than two million limited companies are registered and more than 300,000 new companies are incorporated each year.