The de facto standard solution for accessing IBM® 3270 Mainframes, AS/400s, UNIX and FTP hosts from Microsoft® Windows® desktops.
OpenText™ HostExplorer provides fast, secure and reliable connections from Microsoft Windows PCs to a variety of enterprise hosts including IBM 3270 mainframes, AS/400, UNIX®/Linux® virtual terminals, and FTP / SFTP / FTPS hosts.
HostExplorer is installed on the desktop, but also includes a unique web-to-host terminal emulation environment—providing security, fast performance, and a customizable emulation environment from the web and desktop.
HostExplorer Web-to-Host allows you to launch 3270, 5250 and VT sessions from the web, with auto-upgrade functionalities and centralized deployment and management of user profiles. HostExplorer Web-to-Host downloads the fully-fledged desktop solution to the user’s desktop, enabling powerful features like custom scripts and macros that only work with desktop-based solutions.
- Provides SSL-enabled connections between Microsoft Windows desktops and 3270, 5250, VT and SFTP hosts
- Comes with an integrated web-to-host solution for accessing a fully capable emulator from Internet Explorer
- Includes migration and macro conversion capabilities for rapid migration from Attachmate® Extra!, Micro Focus® Rumba, and IBM® PComm
- Supports common security protocols including SSH2, SSL, and Kerberos
- Compliant with TN3270E, TN5250E, and VT; supports FIPS-compliant ciphers