Save money by sending electronic faxes using email, on-demand cloud or desktop software solutions from OpenText.
Our focus is on healthcare and providing the best we can to our patients. RightFax supports that mission.
Brian Casey, Genesis Medical Center Principal Information Technology TechnicianRead more about Genesis
OpenText Fax Solutions
- Business Needs
- Resource Center
Fax Solutions Overview
In spite of many changes in communication technologies since the first fax was sent in 1855, faxing remains an important method for exchanging information. Why? Because faxing is simple, delivery is confirmed, and faxed documents are legally binding. Faxing remains a universal method of document delivery with billions of faxes sent every year.
But traditional faxing has limitations:
- Supplying individual fax machines with paper, toner, separate phone lines, etc. is costly. Lost productivity is also costly, as employees using standalone fax machines often print a document, go to a fax machine, and then wait for confirmation that the transmission has finished.
- In today’s integrated work environment, fax machines lack integration with common business applications that reside on computers – where most faxed documents are produced.
- Standalone fax machines lack tracking and security. Fax machines cannot provide an audit trail of who sent each fax, and inbound faxes with sensitive information can’t be directed to a specific user or group. While all faxing can verify that a document was received, it cannot ensure that the received fax was not lost or misplaced, or read by the wrong person.
The answer is an enterprise fax solution from OpenText:
- Reduce costs by replacing fax machines and their associated expenses with a software- or cloud-based solution. Save money through increased employee productivity by faxing with the user’s desktop and email applications.
- Obtain desktop and web-based faxing that integrates with Multi-Function Printers (MFPs), enabling users to send faxes or printed material directly from the device.
- Securely track all faxes, inbound and outbound, with an audit trail. Protect privacy by routing inbound faxes to the recipient’s email address.
Fax Solutions from OpenText
Helping You Save Money, Increase Business Velocity and Reduce Risk
Whether your organization is small, medium or large, fax solutions from OpenText deliver solutions that integrate and automate fax and document distribution with your existing business applications. This lets you reduce paper-based operational costs, increase employee productivity and decrease risks associated with stand-alone fax machines and unsecure email communications.
Eliminate Fax Machines with Electronic Faxing
On-going use and maintenance of fax machines exhaust resources in time, cost and capital expenditure. The problem is exacerbated by market pressures that demand companies continuously enhance process efficiency to optimize productivity. As a result organizations are looking to replace their fax machines and infrastructure with more agile, efficient and cost effective means of fax communications that aren’t heavily dependent on manual paper based processes, nor the amount of bandwidth IT has at its disposal to maintain on-premise hardware.
- Retire standalone fax machines
- Reduce paper consumption
- Increase employee productivity
- Improve on security/privacy/compliance characteristics of fax
Integrate Fax into Production System for Automated Faxing.
Current economic conditions have created a critical organizational need to reduce the cost and increase the velocity associated with high volume paper faxing to unique recipients. In addition, they also need an efficient method for receiving inbound fax documents in order to initiate various automated workflow processes. Finally, organizations must meet these requirements in a manner that eases the burden of managing on premise fax servers, fax machines, and infrastructure.
- Improve process efficiency
- Reduce costs of producing high volume communications
- Maintain/improve security and compliance of fax communications
- Reduce paper consumption
- Improve quality of customer service
Fax Solutions Products
OpenText offers enterprise cloud fax products that give users and applications the ability to send and receive faxes via email or web services.
OpenText Cloud Fax products feature:
- Simple user experiences
- No fax hardware or software to install
- No intensive IT management requirements
- Instant scalability with no busy signals
- Disaster Recovery and Data Sovereignty
RightFax is an on-premise or hybrid enterprise fax solution that integrates with desktop and business applications to maximize productivity, reduce risk and decrease costs.
- Rich integrations
- Robust configurability
- Customizable to your business needs
- Desktop and production use
- Full audit trail and fax archive option
RightFax Express is a simple to deploy, all-in-one fax solution that is perfect for SMBs and departments to empower employees to easily fax from their desktop, email, back-end applications and MFP devices.
- Simple to use, easy to deploy
- Multiple deployment options: plug-and-play appliance or installed software with an option for hybrid faxing
- Perfect for companies with little or no IT departments
OpenText Fax Solutions helps drive HIPAA compliance by keeping faxed content private and secure.
- Eliminate standalone fax machines and paper-based faxing in healthcare
- Integrate electronic fax with EMR systems
- Increase compliance and reduce the risk of PHI violations