OpenText™ Email Lifecycle Management eDOCS Edition
Capture, secure, and control your organization’s email
Email is the de facto communication method of commerce, despite its inherent, informal communication style. Messages are sent every day concerning business strategy and decisions, sales forecasting and contracts, customer service, and HR issues, and many organizations overlook the strategic business importance of email as a primary source of communication. For years, the knowledge management value of email has been generally understood, but not realized.
Solution requirements for managing email typically come from two constituents in the organization: IT departments, who seek to relieve storage burdens in the form of email archival solutions; and Records Management practitioners, who look to incorporate email as another record type with applied retention and disposition activities in lifecycle processing. Successful email management initiatives combine records processing requirements with backend technology solutions, resulting in a consolidated enterprise content management (ECM) repository housing email alongside other business relevant content.
- Reduce need for more and faster MS Exchange servers
- Improve user compliance with Document and Records Management policies
- Increase users’ productivity and access to information
- Reduce risk and facilitate compliance
OpenText Email Lifecycle Management, eDOCS Edition
The OpenText Email Lifecycle Management Solution meets the demanding requirements of the IT and Records Management professionals while also enabling the users to reclaim personal productivity by simultaneously simplifying the capture of messages as business content or records. Our approach to content lifecycle management surpasses traditional email archival solutions by leveraging email as a corporate knowledge asset, making it easier to use, find, and manage email alongside other related content from intuitive interfaces that let users work the way they want to work.
Document and Records Management
eDOCS DM increases productivity by enabling faster access to content, providing control over metadata classifications, and enabling users to better organize documents through the use of folder structures, tailored workspaces, and metadata. OpenText offers a complete Records Management solution to address legal and regulatory issues around records, mitigate business risk, and avoid the costs associated with improper record handling. It also averts the negative consequences that lost or invalid knowledge assets have on the viability of organizations and their decision-making abilities.
OpenText eDOCS Email Filing Features
- eDOCS Email Filing Assistant - When saving individual emails (on send or first read), the software can make suggestions on filing locations through single-click access to the profile defaults for an email thread or those used the last time the email was sent or received from a specific email address.
- eDOCS Email Bulk Filing - Users can identify a folder or a group of emails and create profile defaults that let the system file the emails behind the scenes, freeing the users’ time.
- eDOCS Email Auto Filing - Users can set up specific Microsoft Outlook folders with profile defaults and then simply drag emails to those folders, allowing the system to file the emails into eDOCS DM automatically while they work on other tasks.
- eDOCS Email Marker - Users can see which emails have been filed and associated metadata while they continue to work inside of their email interface.
An Integrated Solution with Proven Archiving Technology
OpenText Email Lifecycle Management, eDOCS Edition offers integration with the Livelink ECM – Email Archiving for Microsoft Exchange software that automatically archives emails and attachments as they are sent or received according to pre-defined rules. The archiving process is transparent to end users and can provide your organization with the following benefits:
- Reduce your Microsoft Exchange database size by up to 90 percent
- Reduce the number of Microsoft Exchange servers by up to 75 percent
- Accelerate backup procedures, reducing backup time from more than 24 hours to less than two hours in some cases
Download more information on OpenText Email Lifecycle Management, eDOCS Edition:
- OpenText™ Email Lifecycle Management, eDOCS Edition Solution Brochure
- OpenText™ Email Filing, eDOCS Edition - Solution Brochure
- OpenText™ Document Management, eDOCS Edition Product Overview
- OpenText™ Records Management, eDOCS Edition (eDOCS RM) Product Overview
- OpenText™ Email Archiving for Microsoft® Exchange Product Overview