How our customers are using OpenText solutions to improve their business
- Marks and Spencer
I love your innovative ideas and how OpenText looks at things holistically. It isn't about selling just one piece of the puzzle. It's how do the pieces fit together, whether it's digital, data, analytics, or information management. You're actually starting to tie the suite together. That's what I'm looking for.
- Drive better engagement with the pension members.
- Digitize processes to improve efficiencies.
- Mitigate the cost of creating, capturing, managing, and storing information.
- Organizing data and storing it for easy retrieval with audit capabilities and version control facilitates information governance, reduces risk.
- Aligning technology with business functions as part of an overall digital strategy, enables business managers to achieve their goals.
- Delivering a seamless and engaging customer experience.
We were looking for a scalable solution with security. We found that OpenText Managed Services was completely in line with our strategy and this is why we moved to Managed Services. I would say that we are extremely happy.
The dynamic nature of the automotive industry and the significant growth opportunities in emerging markets presents a significant challenge to companies like Michelin.
In order to minimize their supply chain risk, moving production capacity to other countries, or working more closely with customers in emerging markets, the company required a flexible B2B infrastructure.
- OpenText Trading Grid® cloud-based integration platform supports Michelin's international operations. Trading Grid provides a secure, scalable, highly reliable platform for the exchange of transcations, such as purchase orders, shipment notices, commercial invoices and payment instructions with its business partners.
- Managed Services offers Michelin global customer support to proactively manage and monitor all B2B processes and business transactions, ensuring their B2B operations are running smoothly around the clock.
- OpenText Active Invoices enables Michelin to receive invoices electronically from their suppliers - and to send invoices electronically to their customers.
The implementation of the OpenText solution has enabled us to streamline and unify our multilingual documentation models through a centralized, robust solution, fully integrated into our system landscape.The optimization of documentary content enabled us to better meet the needs of our businesses through the rapid and compelling prototyping of new models, a speed of development that allowed us to accelerate customer communication and a highly reliable technical solution adapted to very critical production environments.
- Editing of labels on different types of systems, in accordance with the existing system landscape
- Streamlining and harmonization of models for the management of multilingual documents
- Establishment of an integrated and robust solution with no operational impact
- Establishment of an international standard on more than 25 plants
- Optimization of document templates (reduction by 40%): Moved from 93 templates to 43.
- Reduced maintenance costs and time by 20% year over year
- Established a central tool for better control of and timely access to all documents
- Reduced the number of forms by 30%
With up to 800 users and up to 2,500 assets being submitted daily, in addition to ongoing management of existing assets, it’s imperative that we have efficient processes. OpenText has all but eliminated unnecessary asset recreation. Our users can quickly locate assets and make required changes within the OpenText system, helping speed up publication and keep costs down.
- Multiple, inefficient, Digital Asset Management (DAM) systems and strategies, negatively impacting brand consistency
- Lack of automated Rights Management, increasing the risk of non-compliant asset licensing
- Time wasted creating assets that already exist and recreating assets where a change to existing asset would suffice
- Single, enterprise-wide DAM, replacing multiple systems, providing consistent, efficient, and cost-effective processes
- Improved ability to ensure asset licensing and Rights Management terms are not breached
- Reduction in unnecessary asset recreation through greatly improved search and in situ updates