Accelerate your business performance with content that is managed, secure, and accessible. It’s easy with eDOCS.
Evans & Dixon Success Story
Attorneys used to take home big suitcases on wheels. Now, it's all in the palm of their hands, on their phones or tablets. It’s just a world of difference.
– Jeff Sheldon, CIO, Evans & Dixon
OpenText eDOCS Solution
- Resource Center
Digital technology is transforming many industries and introducing new challenges related to information management. Within the legal community, the practice of law has transformed into the business of law.
To remain competitive in today’s business environment, law firms need to ensure their information is managed and secure, yet easily accessible for day-to-day operations. If law firms are unable to find current versions of files or track documents related to a specific matter, the risks become acute. Poorly managed documents can hurt productivity, customer satisfaction, and the bottom line.
Flexible and Easy to Use
OpenText™ eDOCS is a light-footprint, cost-effective, highly-flexible Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solution for legal organizations that “works the way you do”. It balances traditional requirements for security, privacy, and regulatory compliance with the need for information that is instantly accessible, anytime from anywhere, and easy to work with, share, and collaborate on.
Easily Tailored to Your Needs
OpenText Document Management, eDOCS Edition (eDOCS DM) is the solution platform—a secure, centralized repository to manage your matter-centric content. You can easily build on this foundation, customizing eDOCS to the specific needs of your firm. Choose from a variety of modules to manage emails, images, and SharePoint content, to share and collaborate in the cloud, to enable workflows, digital processes, analytics, and much more.
eDOCS technology is rapid to deploy, available on premises, in a private cloud, across mobile devices, and is easily integrated with third-party technology solutions.
Featured eDOCS Solutions
Capture, govern, find and securely collaborate on your preferred work product in a highly secure, centralized repository accessible from mobile devices, tablets, laptops, and the cloud.Learn More
Extend governance to rapidly exploding volumes of emails. Capture, organize, and classify email alongside relevant content, while complying with privacy and corporate governance requirements.Learn More
Classify, manage, and govern of all types of records, including physical, electronic, e-mails, and images – from within an eDOCS document management library. Ensure defensible disposition to eliminate document volumes and reduce eDiscovery risk and associated costsLearn More
OpenText Solutions for Legal
Capture, govern, find and securely collaborate on your preferred work product in a highly secure, centralized repository accessible from mobile devices, tablets, laptops, and the cloud.
- Boost your business productivity while reducing risk
- Increase ROI with streamlined deployment and management
Extend governance to rapidly exploding volumes of emails. Capture, organize, and classify email alongside relevant content, while complying with privacy and corporate governance requirements.
- Maximize the value of business content in email
- Enable the management of emails from mobile devices
Classify, manage, and govern of all types of records, including physical, electronic, e-mails, and images –from within an eDOCS document management library. Ensure defensible disposition to eliminate document volumes and reduce eDiscovery risk and associated costs
- Meet worldwide compliance regulations
- Minimize the risk and cost of litigation
Meet compliance requirements, reduce storage costs and eDiscovery risks. Provide seamless access to content for business users across all your organizations content repositories.
- Cost effective storage for high-value business content
- Eliminate redundancy while meeting compliance requirements
Monitor the usage of your document management repository, report on end user activity in real-time, and prevent information security leaks from inside the organization.
- Protect sensitive materials from theft or unauthorized disclosure
- Establish rules for a variety of user activities
Integrate eDOCS with MBPM to gain workflow capabilities and automate document-related processes within your organization.
- Accelerate new business intake while lowering overhead costs, better managing risks
- Identify new areas for profitability and improved customer service
Access business content stored in eDOCS within the context of workflow approval screens and third party apps, such as billing, ERP, CRM, and customer-specific host applications.
- Reduce rekeying of data or switching between applications
- Improve your productivity and streamline decision-making
Enable collaborative work environments while ensuring content published on your SharePoint intranet or extranets are governed and compliant.
- Synchronize versions of content residing both in SharePoint and eDOCS
- Reduce risk, costs, and versioning complexity
Transform raw information into meaningful intelligence to help make better-informed decisions.
- Enables improved decisions to optimized business processes
- Simplifies information access, retrieval and analysis
Consolidate information trapped in silos into a common information platform for discovery, analysis and action.
- End-to-end migration of content from one or many repositories across your organization
- Transform, enrich, and direct information access to decision support systems and corporate applications
Free your employees from the office environment by enabling them to find, view, edit, create, and share business content anytime, anywhere, from most mobile devices.
- Boost the productivity of your workforce with flexible, 24/7 access
- Reduce security threats with Mobile Device Management (MDM) technology
Seamless integration with AutoCAD lets you work more effectively with engineering documents while incorporating them into enterprise document repositories for easy organization and retrieval.
- Minimize time spent looking for or recreating drawings
- Improve collaboration by making drawings accessible across the organization
Ensure documents in your DM repository are easy to work with and safe to share, both inside and outside your organization.
- Modify documents in your DM with annotations and comments
- Make redactions to block out sensitive information
- Publish securely as a PDF, TIF, or expiring content sealed format (CSF) file
Industry leading Conflicts Management and Paper Records Management solutions for law firms.Learn More
Only one solution could meet our stringent requirements for providing a full audit history of every item, with version control, in a secure environment—OpenText Document Management, eDOCS Edition.
Preview eDOCS 16.4
Get familiar with our complete set of capabilities. Build a solution tailored to address your needs and optimize your performance.
An Advanced Solution for Legal
Hyperion Research recognizes OpenText eDOCS an ‘Advanced’ solution for legal.
Information Matters Blogs
Content Chaos Holding You Down? Cut the Ropes!
Fighting the ROT in your Firm
Addressing the Challenges of User Adoption
Resist the Dark Side— Govern Cloud Content, You Must