2-0108 Content Server Connected Workspaces 16.2.4
Duration: 2 days
This two-day course provides you with the knowledge necessary to create Connected Workspaces, a single point of view to all your information. Connected Workspaces is designed with the Content Server Smart UI in mind, but it can also be used from the Classic View UI.
This course guides you through each step of the infrastructure process: beginning with the basics of creating categories, custom columns, and classifications. You will then continue creating activity feeds with their rules to monitor all the activities related to a Connected Workspace.
After deciding where the Connected Workspace will reside in Content Server, you will create the workspace type which provides the framework for the creation of Connected Workspaces and defines how this type of Connected Workspace will look. Then, you will create the workspace template which determines the workspace type, classification, and categories, as well as the contents of the Connected Workspace, such as folders, documents, tasks lists, etc.
Who has access to the Connected Workspace? After determining this, you will configure the team roles with their specific permissions, and the team participants to access the Connected Workspaces. Additionally, you will set up the ability to search within the Connected Workspace by creating slices and queries.
The Connected Workspace is now ready to be created in Content Server based upon this infrastructure using the Connected Workspace wizard (referred to Business Workspace in the menu). For the Smart UI you will create a perspective which controls how users view the layout of the Connected Workspace. By the end of this course, you will work with your newly created Connected Workspace.
- Create categories, custom columns, classifications, and activity feeds
- Create workspace types and workspace templates
- Define the team roles, permissions, and participants
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the key components of Connected Workspaces
- Navigate through a Connected Workspace in the Classic UI and Smart UI
- Grant permissions to the various volumes, object privileges, and usage privileges
- Create categories for the workspace type
- Create attributes for the category
- Create custom columns • Create Content Server classifications
- Create activity manager objects and rules for activity feeds
- Create a root folder for business workspaces
- Understand workspace types
- Create workspace type
- Configure sidebar widgets
- Configure Content Server Document Template settings
- Create workspace templates
- Define team roles
- Assign permissions to the team roles
- Add participants to the team roles
- Create search slices
- Configure simple search in Classic UI
- Make custom view searches
- Create business workspaces in Content Server Enterprise
- Create perspectives for Smart UI
- Add widgets and tabs in the perspectives
- Knowledge Managers responsible for gathering information in Content Server and managing the ability to view it through Connected Workspaces