Courses & Workshops
Have questions about training? Contact us
DFIR350 - Internet-based Investigation with EnCase®
Duration: 4 Days
**Formerly EnCase Advanced Internet Examinations
This hands-on course involves practical exercises and challenging real-life case investigations pertaining to Internet-based investigations. Artifacts from popular peer-to-peer and file sharing programs, such as BitTorrent, Ares, and Gigatribe will be retrieved and examined. Emails and the Internet are the cornerstones of consumer and business use. Virtually all examinations ranging from corporate to criminal to cybersecurity investigations will involve the interrogation of email and Internet data. Artifacts from the most widely utilized Internet browsers, including Internet Explorer/Edge, Firefox, and Chrome will be analyzed.
Delivery method: Group-Live. NASBA defined level: advanced
CPE Credits - 32
This course is intended for law enforcement officers, computer forensic examiners, corporate and private investigators, and network security personnel. A basic understanding of the concepts of computer forensics is required. The class curriculum builds upon the foundation of the DF210-Building an Investigation course, continuing with a focus on file and operating system examinations.
DF210 - Building an Investigation with EnCase or EnCE® Certification. Advance preparation for this course is not required.
The course provides in-depth coverage on artifacts involving:
- Students will learn the history, operation, and artifacts associated with peer-to-peer file-sharing applications, such as BitTorrent™ and the Ares Galaxy P2P network
- Students will learn about how the GigaTribe peer-to-peer software allows its users to chat and share files individually and within groups
- Students will learn the operation of the Microsoft® Internet Explorer Web browser with regards to typed URLs, password and form-data storage, cookies, Internet history, and cache content
- Students will learn how Web pages are constructed and will use this information together with their new-found knowledge of cached Internet Explorer Web content to correctly rebuild Web pages
- Students will learn about the history, operation, and artifacts associated with Mozilla Firefox® and Google Chrome®
- Students will learn about the operation of Web search engines
- Students will learn the fundamental principles of email operation, how email is sent and received; also how email message data (including attachment data) is encoded and how deleted data may be recovered in certain circumstances
- Students will learn about the Microsoft® Outlook PST structure
|Per Student at Open Text Site||€||2,227.50|
|Per Student at Open Text Site||GBP||1,952.50|
|Per Student at Open Text Site||USD||2,750.00|
Taxes: All prices exclude VAT or other taxes where applicable (all currencies).
Extra expenses: Customer site course prices do not include instructor travel expenses, which are billed separately.
Reservations: Please provide a minimum of 3 weeks advance notice when arranging courses at customer sites.
Course & Workshop Calendar
Below is a listing of all the currently available dates and locations for this course and/or workshop from Open Text.
Selection & Registration Process
Before you can register for a course or workshop, you need to select which one you want to attend. To do this, simply click on the "Add to cart" link and it will be added to your shopping cart.
Note: After clicking on the "Add to cart" link, you will be taken to the main course and workshop selection page where all of the courses and workshops you have added to your shopping cart will appear at the top of the page.
Once you have selected all the courses and workshops you want to attend, simply select the "Check-out link and complete the registration form.
|Date||Course Type||Course Name||Language||Location||Price||Add|
|Oct 02, 2018||On-site||DFIR350 - Internet-based||English||Virtual Classroom - North America GSI Eastern Time||2,750.00||
Almost FullAdd to Cart
|Oct 02, 2018||On-site||DFIR350 - Internet-based||English||GSI-Washington, DC||2,750.00||Add to Cart|
|Nov 06, 2018||On-site||DFIR350 - Internet-based||English||GSI-Pasadena||2,750.00||Add to Cart|
|Nov 06, 2018||On-site||DFIR350 - Internet-based||English||Virtual Classroom - North America GSI Pacific Time||2,750.00||Add to Cart|
|Nov 20, 2018||On-site||DFIR350 - Internet-based||English||GSI-Reading||1,952.50||Add to Cart|
|Nov 20, 2018||On-site||DFIR350 - Internet-based||English||Virtual Classroom - Europe GSI UK Time||1,952.50||Add to Cart|
|Jan 29, 2019||On-site||DFIR350 - Internet-based||English||GSI-Washington, DC||2,750.00||Add to Cart|
|Jan 29, 2019||On-site||DFIR350 - Internet-based||English||Virtual Classroom - North America GSI Eastern Time||2,750.00||Add to Cart|
|Feb 12, 2019||On-site||DFIR350 - Internet-based||English||GSI-Reading||1,952.50||Add to Cart|
|Mar 26, 2019||On-site||DFIR350 - Internet-based||English||GSI-Pasadena||2,750.00||Add to Cart|
|May 14, 2019||On-site||DFIR350 - Internet-based||English||GSI-Washington, DC||2,750.00||Add to Cart|
|May 14, 2019||On-site||DFIR350 - Internet-based||English||Virtual Classroom - North America GSI Eastern Time||2,750.00||Add to Cart|
|May 14, 2019||On-site||DFIR350 - Internet-based||English||GSI-Reading||1,952.50||Add to Cart|