3-3730 OpenText Exstream Communications Server System Administration v16.3
Duration: 2 days
This course will provide an understanding of the OpenText Exstream platform and the associated system administration tasks.
The course begins with an introduction to the OpenText Exstream product, architecture and components. It continues with the identification of the required supporting stack and the corresponding configuration. Participants will then set up an OpenText Directory Services environment to integrate with OpenText Exstream.
After installation participants will cover a series of concepts that will allow them to successfully configure an OpenText Exstream Communications Server environment.
As a system administrator, you will learn techniques to monitor and tune the system.
- System Architecture
- Installation and Maintenance
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the OpenText Exstream architecture
- Identify the components and scope of the OpenText Exstream platform
- Describe a multi-tenant architecture
- Install OpenText Exstream
- Configure OpenText Directory Services to work with OpenText Exstream
- Identify the Communications Server components
- Describe the functionality of Communications Builder, Control Center, Describer, StoryTeller, and the Web applications
- Define and create Application Domains
- Create repositories
- Define and describe the components of a project
- Manage Exstream Communications Server applications
- Deploy a project to a Exstream Communications Server application
- Identify and read the different component log files
- Implement Profiling
- Install and apply hotfixes
- Review high availability guidelines
- System administrators, Developers
- General IT background and experience in server administration is recommendable