Courses & Workshops
4-3901 OpenText Federated Query Server 4.3: Advanced
Duration: 1 Day
This course teaches students how to use the OpenText Federated Query Server configuration tool to create new content repository configurations, which allow Federated Query Server to search multiple information sources. Students learn how to access repositories that require authentication. Students will also learn how to construct a new user interface for Federated Query Server.
This course includes an instructor led presentation and detailed demonstration of the Federated Query Server configuration tool.
By the end of the course you will learn:
Federated Query Server concepts and terminology
How to search a content repository using Federated Query Server, including:
- URL formatting instructions
- String and XML parsing options
- Result element default values and transformations
- HTTP logging
- How to construct a Federated Query Server user interface, including:
- Search form variables
- Result page structure
- Sorting, merging and clustering results
- Error handling
- Search language support (e.g. Boolean operators, wildcards, metadata)
- Relevance score options
- Date and number parsing and display Pagination
- Usage logging
- Proxy server support
If you are interested in this course, you may also consider:
- OpenText Federated Query Server: Introduction
This course is intended for those responsible for the creation and modification of a federated search solution using OpenText Federated Query Server, including authoring new content repository configurations and/or a new user interface.
- Knowledge of HTML
- Some knowledge of HTTP, including authentication and the CGI standard
- The concepts of federated searching
|Per Student at Open Text Site||USD||895.00|
Taxes: All prices exclude VAT or other taxes where applicable (all currencies).
Extra expenses: Customer site course prices do not include instructor travel expenses, which are billed separately.
Reservations: Please provide a minimum of 3 weeks advance notice when arranging courses at customer sites.
Course & Workshop Calendar
Currently, there are no training dates scheduled for this course or workshop at this time. Please contact us to schedule an on-site course or workshop at your location.