4-1501 Web Site Management Server - Project Builder v11.0
Duration: 3 days
This interactive, results-based course is designed to provide project builders with the complete technical knowledge and hands-on activities needed to design, create, deploy, maintain and administer web site projects with the Web Site Management Server. Attendees take on the developer, administrator and enduser roles as well to devise a more comprehensive approach when creating a site. Attendees learn the basic components and patterns before developing a real-world project using more advanced techniques.
In order to deepen the experience, this course can also be booked together with a 2-day workshop during which attendees will set-up and develop a new project.
- Create content-centric sites using OpenText Web Site Management Server to empower the people who interact with the content, and optimize the process for managing and delivering it to the Web, mobile, or other media channels. Through a controlled access and integration of content from across the organization, delivering a dynamic experience to employees, customers, partners, and visitors helps drive business forward.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify the key features provided by OpenText Web Site Management Server
- Implement the new features included in Web Site Management Server Version 11
- Identify the different areas of the Web Site Management Server application user interface
- Create and manage users and groups
- Use the SmartTree to create and administer projects
- Import and export projects
- Define and identify the types of Content Classes, Templates and Pages
- Identify the types and use of the different Placeholders
- Identify the use and types of the different Block Marks
- Understand the use of SmartEdit and its scopes
- Use the Navigation Manager to create the project navigation structure
- Define and implement Project Variants
- Localize a Project
- Describe and create Workflows
- Create Authorization Packages
- Publish a site
- Familiarity with Web applications and application servers
- Familiarity with scripting languages and HTML