Learning Services – EnCase & Axcelerate
Take things slowly or dive right in – our training team will meet you there.
Get the latest thinking, or earn an industry-leading certification – your way and on your time. Learn online with a dedicated view right into a live classroom, come to one of our certified training centers, or take a class online, on demand. Learn more
- vClass - Virtual classes
Online training has become a widely accepted and highly effective way of getting up to speed with new tools and information, or getting up to speed with the latest developments. Whether self-paced, as with EnCase OnDemand training courses, or with our latest offering, streaming vClass training, the time and budget efficiencies are undeniable.
Virtual classroom lets you take live EnCase courses anywhere
vClass training brings the live classroom experience to a screen near you. EnCase vClass training streams live from our classrooms where we have trained over 80,000 students, and are led by the same instructional team that has been so successful in helping our students begin, succeed, and become leaders in the world of digital investigations. Developed and delivered by real-world digital investigators, our courses offer hands-on use of the EnCase product suite and deliver a solid and practical understanding of the methodology and skills needed to succeed in digital investigations of all types.
Live instructor desktop view and live EnCase access
More than just a video broadcast, our vClass training lets you see the instructor's desktop live as he or she delivers the training content. vClass training also offers remote access to a computer running EnCase, while our online proctors standby to address your questions. Using Smart Board (whiteboard) technology, the industry standard online learning software, as well as a dedicated computer for each student, vClass training can transform whatever seat you're sitting in into a classroom chair.
An ideal complement to OnDemand and classroom training
vClass is the perfect complement to either our self-paced Training OnDemand online learning courses or to our traditional in-classroom training. You can now learn in multiple modes, making it easier and more cost-effective to attend training regularly.
vClass training works with your budget and schedule, offering:
- Online access to the same world-class digital investigations courses provided in our classroom
- Zero travel expense
- The same price as our in-person training
- A quick start with our products or a convenient way to refresh or update skills
- More opportunities to use your Training Passport or Flex Training seats
- An easy way to learn from anywhere—the convenience of your office or the comfort of your home
- Qualified training hours towards our EnCE, EnCEP, and CFSR certifications
- A desktop or laptop computer with DUAL MONITORS (dual monitors are required for remote classroom access alongside the remote desktop).
- Mac or Windows operating system is recommended
- Internet access
- Web browser
- Latest versions of Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Reader
- Telephone access (hardline or cell) for contact in case of unique support needs (normal support handled via class software)
- Speakers or a headset for audio portion
- If you are behind a company firewall, you may need to have your Network Administrator add an exception to your firewall allowing access to: https://encaseondemand.adobeconnect.com
- If you are being blocked when attempting to access LogMeIn, you will need to get your Network Administrator to allow communication through the firewall for the following: LogMeIn.exe:TCP Port 443.
Terms and conditions:
- The EnCase Annual Training Passport or the Flex Training Package may be used for any of our Training vClass classes, provided that the holder meets the course prerequisites.
- Manuals for vClass courses will be shipped 10 days before the first day of training, provided that the course tuition is paid.
- Students who register less than one week prior to the start date will receive a temporary electronic copy of the manual and a physical copy of the manual will be shipped but is not guaranteed to arrive before the course start date.
- vClass students receive an electronic version of the same EnCase certificate of completion as students participating in classroom training. This certificate can be used to fulfill the training requirements for the EnCE, EnCEP, and CFSR certification applications and renewals.
- After purchasing an individual course, students have 18 months to use their vClass course credit (or for Annual Training Passport holders, until the Passport expires). Any unused credits will be forfeited after 18 months or when the passport expires.
- Students must return unused materials within 60 days from the date of purchase to be eligible for a refund. All materials must be returned in resalable condition.
Corporate and government agencies use EnCase software to search, collect, preserve, and analyze digital information for the purposes of computer forensics investigations, information assurances, e-discovery collection, data loss prevention, compliance with mandated regulations, and more. To help these organizations maximize their use of EnCase products, OpenText provides access to its world-class courses online with EnCase Training OnDemand.
Take our training courses anytime, anywhere
EnCase Training OnDemand is designed specifically for professionals in law enforcement, IT, legal departments and government agencies who need to remain onsite due to investigation pressure, budget cuts or staffing concerns, but also need to prepare to provide credible testimonies for digital investigations. With EnCase Training OnDemand, investigators can receive the critical training they need to do their jobs effectively, from anywhere in the world at their own convenience.
Work with EnCase software and qualified instructors
EnCase Training OnDemand offers the exact same level of training currently available at the OpenText Training facilities. All exercises, lectures, quizzes and exams are presented online in guided, interactive tutorials and streaming video presentations.
- Online access to world-class courses in digital investigations
- Get up and running quickly on EnCase software
- Learn at your own pace
- Take control of your training schedule and location
- Qualify for training hours earned towards one of our certification programs: the EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE®), EnCase Certified eDiscovery Practitioner (EnCEP®) or EnCase Certified Forensic Security Responder (CFSR ®).
- A desktop/laptop computer (Microsoft® Windows operating system is recommended)
- Internet access
- Latest version of Adobe® Flash Player software
- Latest version of Adobe Reader software
- Some courses offer the ability to conduct practical exercises on a remote workstation. A web browser and the Microsoft Windows Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) is utilized to connect. Mac OSX workaround is available, but not supported.
- The ability to install web browser plugins:
- Portwise Access Client
- ActiveX or Java™ (depending on Web browser used)
Terms and conditions:
- Students have 60 days to complete each course. The 60-day period begins when the student has logged in and started viewing the online course content.
- Manuals are available only electronically. Physical copies of manuals are not available for Training OnDemand courses.
- The EnCase Annual Training Passport may be used for any of our Training OnDemand classes, provided that the holder meets the course prerequisites. Students may only be concurrently enrolled in two Training OnDemand classes.
- After purchasing an individual course, students have 18 months to use their Training OnDemand course credit (or for Annual Training Passport holders, until the Passport expires). Any unused credits will be forfeited after 18 months or when the passport expires.
- EnCase Training OnDemand students receive an electronic version of the same EnCase certificate of completion as students participating in classroom training.
- At this time CPE credit is not available for Training OnDemand courses.
- On-site training
If your organization needs EnCase training, but does not have a computer training laboratory or a travel budget, this program has been designed for you. OpenText will bring all the necessary equipment and materials to your site and our instructor will conduct the course. This program is ideal for organizations with limited travel budgets as well as those who need to train a number of their employees at the same time, but cannot afford to have so many of their personnel away. Students will receive the same high-quality instruction that they would at an OpenText training facility.
- Minimum of six students in the U.S. or 8 internationally; maximum 24 students.
- Classes will be held Tuesday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- The hosting agency will supply a classroom that will seat the number of students that will attend the course with an adequate power source, a white board, and a projection screen.
- OpenText will provide an instructor, notebook computers, a digital projector, and all classroom materials.
- The pricing is the same as our regular instructor-led courses with these additional charges:
- Lab shipping fee. The fee is $1,000.00 for training locations in the U.S. and $1,500.00 for international locations.
- Instructor fee. The fee is $5,000.00 for one instructor for up to 12 students and $10,000.00 for two instructors for 13–24 students. Instructor fee covers all travel and expenses.
- Annual Training Passports and Flex Training Package seats cannot be used for onsite training.
No discounts are available and cannot be combined with any other offer or program. There are no refunds for unused seats.
To purchase, please contact EnCase Training or call (626) 463-7966.
- Training Partners
New to EnCase products?
The best classes to ramp up quickly: