OpenText Cloud Service Brokerage
Quickly Provision Applications and Services to Employees, Customers and Partners
Today, the business world is an apps world. Employees and business partners rely on a plethora of web-based and mobile services and applications—running across data centers and public and private clouds—to get their jobs done and to serve business customers and consumers. The cloud enables instantaneous application access; yet provisioning, managing entitlements, and monitoring usage for all of these services isn’t easy. It requires complex orchestration that operates consistently across combinations of on-premise and cloud-based software and real-time information flows between the applications and backend systems. Without the right process automation, these critical tasks can take days to complete.
OpenText Cloud Service Brokerage is a cloud provisioning platform that allows enterprises, telecommunications providers or cloud service providers to create, automatically provision and orchestrate the “virtual bundles” of on-premise and cloud-based capabilities that make up a new product or value added service – even when these capabilities come from many providers. It is a technology-agnostic platform that provides flexible tools to configure products and offers, orchestrates and automates order fulfilment, and automatically meters usage as needed. With multi-tenant support, Cloud Service Brokerage supports a wide range of enterprise, cross-enterprise, and service provider use cases.
Leading organizations worldwide rely on OpenText Cloud Service Brokerage for three distinct solutions.
Enterprise App Hub
The typical knowledge worker relies on tens of applications—web-based and increasingly mobile—to get his or her job done. While HR has effective systems in place to manage its traditional onboarding processes, email, spreadsheets, or standalone asset configuration management tools are the norm for provisioning digital services and corporate assets. These manual processes slow down onboarding – delaying worker productivity by days. Furthermore, they create risks from incorrect off-boarding since a missed email could keep a former employee’s credentials live for weeks or even months.
Cloud Service Brokerage enables the Enterprise App Hub, a place where unit managers can define a bundle of applications and ensure that these applications are automatically provisioned for the employees who need them. In addition, employees can discover organization-approved applications and install them in a self-service manner. Behind the scenes, Cloud Service Brokerage manages appropriate billing and metering. Organizations have accurate information about the actual consumption of apps and services for accounting and budgeting purposes. They also can efficiently define off-boarding processes and gain visibility into who has access to which apps.
- Improve employee and manager satisfaction: Eliminate days spent waiting for services to be properly configured and made accessible to users. Give enterprise app users a consumer-like experience.
- Cut IT costs: Promote self-service and automate application delivery. Support different regions with a single, secure platform. Gain visibility into the number of employees using specific services to facilitate contract negotiations and eliminate redundant spending.
- Manage risks: Monitor and track installs, entitlements and usage at any point in time.
Efficient Order Management for Telcos
Telecommunications companies are under pressure to generate more customer value from new and traditional revenue sources. While order management sits at the core of every operator’s business, it is often slow and error prone because it depends on complex, often manual interactions between multiple legacy business support systems and operations support systems. Today’s consumers and businesses expect Internet-style service levels. They want instant access to the services they have paid for. How can telcos close the gaps?
Cloud Service Brokerage offers automated, catalog-driven order management for telecommunications providers, digitizing and orchestrating complex processes with integrations to all of the underlying systems. Product managers use flexible, web-based tools to maintain a centralized catalog that codifies the relationships and dependencies between products and their underlying services. Cloud Service Brokerage then queries the catalog and decomposes each order into its component parts as soon as the order is placed. At the same time, it integrates with all relevant systems for a single customer view.
- Improve customer satisfaction by provisioning new services and accounts much faster and error-free
- Reduce time to market for new products or service bundles
- Cut costs by decreasing the number of changes to downstream systems
- Improve competitive advantages, building on existing assets
Simplified Delivery of Product Bundles and Value-Added Services for Cloud Service Providers
If your on-premise or cloud-based application can be integrated to, Cloud Service Brokerage can provision it. Product managers define orderable product units and their dependencies to underlying services, which have been integrated into the solution through Cloud Service Brokerage’s library of standard connectors or web services API. Flexible tools simplify the configuration process for complex offerings and bundles so that you can rapidly design and deliver new offerings.
When a user discovers and orders a product, Cloud Services Brokerage triggers a provisioning process that deploys all the dependent services, without manual intervention. It can accommodate customer-specific provisioning flows and approval processes.
In addition, Cloud Service Brokerage supports metering of product and service usage based on variety of parameters. The metering data can be used for billing through existing billing systems, thus making it much more practical to monetize complex offerings.
OpenText Cloud Service Brokerage Benefits
- Improve end-user satisfaction: Eliminate days spent waiting for services to be properly configured and made accessible to users. Give customers a best-in-class, consumer-like experience.
- Innovate faster: Quickly create new value-added services and seamlessly deploy them to users or customers.
- Cut IT costs: Promote self-service and automate application delivery. Utilize multi-tenancy to support customers, partners or regions with a single, secure platform that segregates clients while maintaining efficiencies.
- Gain real-time visibility: Monitor and track orders and usage at any point in time.