WincArchive for eDOCS
By Wertheim Global Solutions
WincArchive is the ultimate document and folder replication tool for OpenText eDOCS™. It automatically replicates any document that matches pre-determined criteria, including profile metadata, security, and folder contents.
Using WincArchive, you can automatically copy training documents, forms, templates, read-only or to-be-archived documents, all documents, or any specific sub‐set of documents. As documents are created or changed, the new or modified document information is automatically applied to the designated location or locations. When used as part of a backup and recovery strategy, WincArchive can be used to automatically copy documents and folders to a redundant or backup server, either on‐site or off‐site. Together with WincSync, WincArchive provides an effective solution for an organization’s document management disaster recovery requirements.
- WincArchive is ideal for any size installation ranging from an organization with a single library to a multi‐library, multi‐location global enterprise.
- WincArchive efficiently and securely operates within the eDOCS DM framework. All WincArchive functions are accessible from a single, easy‐to‐use interface.
- WincArchive is fully compatible with all database servers and document servers supported by OpenText eDOCS™.
- WincArchive does not require a dedicated server and can be run during normal business hours.
- WincArchive is contained in a single executable, minimizing the effort required to upgrade or update the system on multiple computers.
WINCARCHIVE FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Detects any newly‐created or updated documents, and
- Automatically copies or transfers the document to the appropriate target library.
- Retains the original document number if it is available.
- Broadcasts one document to multiple libraries, if desired.
- Copies any folders (including the folder structures) that the documents are associated with, including security.