Predictive analytics – the next era of endpoint detection and response
Research shows 53 percent of organizations have a problematic shortage of cybersecurity skills1 and security teams continue to fall behind in responding to alerts.2 Short staffed security teams often lack the skills needed to operate effectively. Even with a combination of automated triage and investigation tools, organizations still struggle to keep up.
Effective cybersecurity is a matter of revealing the signs of emerging cyberattacks before they strike, making predictive analytics for enterprise security the best defense in endpoint detection and response to stop threats cold.
Read the white paper, The Next Big Advancement in Detection and Response: Predictive Analytics, to learn:
- Three core benefits of PA and how it allows security analysts to spend more time focused on addressing critical and realtime incidents.
- The top predictive analytics features and functions.
- How automation and PA improve the ability of security teams to protect corporate information assets.
- How predictive security solutions provide more effective detection and response of suspicious patterns.
Predictive Analytics: See the early warning signs of cyberthreats
Endpoint prevention solutions have improved dramatically, but they are still not effective at stopping 100 percent of cyberattacks. Across an entire security stack, a security team can face anywhere from 10,000 to more than 1 million alerts per day.3 PA can reduce this load and improve endpoint detection to:
- Capture activities and events that happen throughout the digital infrastructure to recognize and understand patterns of behavior.
- Automate cybersecurity to weigh, prioritize and correlate alerts so security teams can focus on tackling the most important threats.
- Apply predictive analytics to network, endpoint, cloud, email and identity data to better detect when "bad actors" attempt to compromise the cyber infrastructure and to stop them.
- Use Intelligent EDR tools to reduce the volume of false positives and assist with alert response prioritization.
Read The Next Big Advancement in Detection and Response: Predictive Analytics to learn how to manage alert volumes and help security teams be more efficient and successful.
- 1 ESG’s annual global survey on the state of IT, Enterprise Strategy Group, 2019
- 2 The Next Big Advancement in Detection and Response: Predictive Analytics, ESG, 2019
- 3 Ibid