The goal of true enterprise data and application integration is elusive as healthcare IT ecosystems become more complex
A total of 85 percent of directors and senior hospital executives say their data integration challenges “frequently” or "occasionally" delay information technology (IT) projects, and almost half say it negatively impacts patient care1.
Download the white paper, Integrating Data and Applications Across the Healthcare Enterprise, from HIMSS Media research, sponsored by OpenText™, and learn what recently surveyed hospital executives say about data and application integration and why managed services, including integration platform as-a-service (iPaaS), are important tools.
Changing consumer expectations and emerging technologies continue to introduce new complications into the healthcare IT environment. Legacy approaches to integration are not meeting current needs, says HIMSS Media. Dig deeper into the Top 5 challenges that include:
- Managing unstructured data
- Keeping pace with changing technology needs and growing data volume
- Relying on an EHR vendor to offer full integration support
- Ensuring data security/mitigating privacy risks
- Managing multiple application interfaces or communication standards
- 1Integrating Data and Applications Across the Healthcare Enterprise, HIMSS Media, 2019