Enable predictive and prescriptive maintenance with digital twins
Ever-increasing volumes of information have changed the way manufacturers operate by moving digital twins from the concept phase into widespread adoption.
The number of organizations using digital twins is expected to triple by 2022.1 Gartner predicts that, by 2021, half of large industrial companies will use digital twins. The result for those organizations will be a 10% improvement in effectiveness.2
Definition: A digital twin is a digital reflection of a person, place or thing with comprehensive correlation of all related information, including historical data, current operations and environmental conditions, related to that person, place or thing.3
Implementing digital twins in high-value manufacturing environments supports efforts to shift to digital-driven asset management. The digital twin becomes more useful as more information is acquired, enabling an evolution from reactive to predictive maintenance and process improvements.
Download "Digital twins solutions: Enabling the practical shift to digital-driven asset optimization" for a practical overview of how to implement a digital twins program in a manufacturing setting. The white paper offers insight into:
- How digital twins are becoming more common across all manufacturing sectors
- Implementing and integrating digital twins
- How a digital twins approach can improve factory production line uptime
- How digital twins improve operations efficiency through predictive and prescriptive maintenance
- Creating digital twins in manufacturing maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) operations
- Digital twins use case scenarios
- OpenText EIM capabilities that support digital twins’ solutions in high-value manufacturing environments
- 1 https://blogs.opentext.com/how-the-identity-of-things-underpins-digital-twin-integration/
- 2 https://blogs.opentext.com/addressing-the-data-challenges-in-the-digital-twin/
- 3 Digital twins solutions: Enabling the practical shift to digital-driven asset optimization