Lockheed Martin Using OpenText Document Management to Protect Data and Enhance Processes
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics uses OpenText technology to help manage several business processes
- Needed to manage electronic documents in a secure, compliant way to support government regulations.
- Reduce time spent managing documents and projects and improve productivity.
- Wanted to automate and streamline business processes.
- Content Server used to store documents for specific programs.
- All of the various engineering components, training, designing, support…all use OpenText Document Management to manage the contracting, specifications, and the deliverables.
- Lockheed Martin found a better way to manage their Requests for Proposals with all of their suppliers. The OpenText Web-based application enables the organization to build a secure extranet site where multiple suppliers have seamless access to review documents and place bids on contracts.
- All of this is done electronically. There is no mailing. The cycle time has been reduced dramatically and it is completely auditable.
About Lockheed Martin
Headquartered in Bethesda, MD, Lockheed Martin is a global security company that employs about 136,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. For more information, visit: www.lockheedmartin.com