1-9001 Using Core Content
Duration: 2.5 hours
This course is available via two options:
- For individuals - it is included in the OpenText Learning Subscription
- To license for your organization, Email Us.
You will learn how to navigate within Core Content, save favorites and shortcuts, view the content of documents and images, and search to find information quickly. Features on the home page are presented, as well as how to customize the home page which includes adding/removing/placing tiles, changing the home page layout, and editing the header colors and greeting messages.
For organizing your information, you will learn how to create and manage items in Core Content. This includes how to add content, access item menus for further functionality, and add metadata to an item via categories and attributes for better search results.
Additionally, business workspaces will be presented to help you collaborate with team members. Finally, you will gain an understanding of workflows in Core Content, specifically document approval workflows and file upload workflows.
By the end of this course, you will be managing your information using the various features of Core Content.
- Navigate Core Content by sing the various tools provided
- Personalize your home page
- Manage items by adding, editing, versioning, and deleting them based on your permissions
- Collaborate with team members in workspaces
- Send documents for approval or create automatic file upload workflows
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Navigate throughout Core Content
- Add folders/documents/web addresses/workspaces
- Add versions to documents
- Apply a category to an item
- Lock items
- Search for information
- Personalize their home page
- Send item links through email
- Manage a business workspace
- Send a document for approval
- Create file upload workflow templates
Familiarity with Windows, a Windows-based word processing package, and a Web browser