1-0184 Managing Documents in Content Server
Duration: 3 days
This course provides you with the knowledge necessary to manage your organization's information in Content Server. This course is designed as the foundation of all the OpenText Content Server courses. Through the Smart UI it provides an understanding of document management functionality, such as adding/accessing documents, reserving, downloading, copying/moving, versioning, sharing through email, and deleting documents.
Continuing with the Smart UI interface to help organize and find documents easier, you will mark items as favorites, build collections, use shortcuts, and create virtual folders. You will learn to use search tools, and find information using metadata, such as categories and attributes. You will explore the permissions for document management items from the Smart UI.
To further manage your documents, using the Classic UI you will work with compound documents, major/minor versions, emails, the advanced searching functionality, and explore users and groups to edit item permissions, set group leaders for facilitating group management and configure the editor group settings. To customize your environment further with metadata you will change item nicknames, customize columns and facets, configure the Content Filter sidebar, manage your Personal Workspace, and edit your user profile.
Additionally, Enterprise Connect, the desktop interface, will be used to add, access, and search for the documents. You will also work with briefcases allowing you to download documents from Enterprise Connect to work with them offline on a local file system that does not have Enterprise Connect installed. Integration with Microsoft Outlook email will also be explored.
By the end of this course, you will be able to manage your information using the various interfaces: Smart UI, Classic UI, and Enterprise Connect.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Navigate throughout Content Server in the Smart UI and Classic UI
- Add folders/documents
- Add major and minor versions to documents
- Share items through email
- Send and view emails using the Zip & Email feature
- Add emails to a Content Server folder
- Build a collection
- Create a category with attributes/attribute sets
- Apply a category to a folder
- Create custom columns
- Create a virtual folder
- Search for information in Smart UI and Classic UI
- Create search forms
- Save search queries
- Control access to information
- Assign eDiscovery rights
- Work with compound documents
- Apply ACL to items and its sub-items
- Set a group leader
- Personalize your user environment
- Access and work with folders/documents in Enterprise Connect
- Work with Enterprise Connect integrated with Microsoft Outlook emails
- Public: See scheduled public classes below
- Private: Email Us for information on how you can arrange a private class.
- On Demand
- Register for this option here: 1-0184 Managing Documents in Content Server On Demand
- Familiarity with Windows, a Windows-based word processing package, and a Web browser