3-0300 OpenText Directory Services (OTDS) Installation and Configuration
Duration: 2 days
OpenText Directory Services (OTDS) manages the users for single sign on (SSO) to the OpenText Enterprise Information Management (EIM) products. This course covers the installation and configuration of OpenText Directory Services, and the integration with Content Server.
This course begins with installing and configuring the prerequisite of Apache Tomcat and then will continue with the installation of OTDS. OpenText Content Web Services is configured to integrate OTDS and Content Server. The OTDS configuration will begin with the creation of User Partitions to synchronize the users and groups from Active Directory, and the creation of Resources to authenticate against. After assigning members to Access Roles and allowing users access to the specific resources, the users and groups will then be pushed out to those resources, specifically Content Server.
This course also covers other OTDS features such as authentication handlers, system attributes, SMTP settings, notifications settings, trusted sites, and potential configuration issues. Also, a SAML authentication handler will be created and configured using Active Directory Federation Service (AD FS) as the sample identity provider. Throughout class we will be looking at the logs to help troubleshoot common problems.
- Install Apache Tomcat
- Install OTDS
- Create User Partitions and Resources
- Assign Members to Access Roles
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the OTDS Architecture
- Install and configure Apache Tomcat
- Install OTDS
- Use the OTDS Web Administration Client
- Create partitions
- Create resources
- Assign Members to access roles
- Configure Content Server integration for OTDS
- Push users to Content Server resources
- Solve potential configuration issues
- Create and configure a SAML authentication handler
- View the OTDS logs for troubleshooting