3-0802 OpenText Media Management 16.2 System Administration On Demand
Duration: 2 days
This training course will provide an understanding of the OpenText Media Management system and the associated system administration tasks.
The course begins with an introduction to the OTMM architecture and components, continues with the installation, configuration, and maintenance of the software, and finally provides the opportunity to perform some real-world customization of the installed product.
Also covered in the course are the installation, configuration and integration with OpenText Media Management of a Transcoding server, Streaming server, search engine and OpenText Directory Services.
The training combines presentations and hands-on exercises to provide a broad range of product knowledge in a brief period of time.
- System Architecture
- Installation and Maintenance
- Implementing Customization Requirements
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the OpenText Media Management architecture
- Identify and describe the different parts of the OpenText Media Management Web Desktop Client interface and Web Admin Tool and their functionality
- Identify OTMM installation requirements
- Install OTMM
- Install Solr
- Integrate OTMM with OTDS
- Review some tips for monitoring and troubleshooting the OTMM installation
- Identify OTMM’s video processing requirements
- Install and integrate a video transcoding server with OTMM
- Identify the structure of Media Management directories
- Identify the location and purpose of the different log files
- Change the log level
- General High Availability best practices
- This class is intended for administrators and Media Management System Administrators.
- Familiarity with Windows server technology
- Familiarity with Java application server technology
- Basic understanding of OpenText Media Management