DF120 - Foundations in Digital Forensics with EnCase OnDemand
Duration: 32 Hours
**Formerly EnCase v7 Computer Forensics I.
This OnDemand course involves practical exercises and real-life simulations in the use of OpenText™ EnCase™ software (EnCase). The class provides participants with an understanding of how EnCase may be used to examine data related to an incident response, an employee misconduct investigation, and/or a law enforcement criminal and/or civil investigation. Participants create cases using EnCase, configure the application to maximize its utilization, and learn evidence acquisition concepts and how to validate the data collected. Instruction progresses to the analysis of the data whether related to criminal investigations, cybersecurity incidents, or other matters. The course will cover techniques, such as keyword or indexed searching along with hash analysis. Participants will learn how to bookmark, export, and create reports relating to examination findings. The course concludes with instruction on archiving, validating the data, and restoring the case.
CPE Credits - 0
Students attending this course will learn the following:
- The EnCase digital forensic methodology
- How to navigate the EnCase interface
- How to extract data and files from your evidence
- How to bookmark evidence files, file sets, and data structures
- How to conduct raw and index searches
- How to analyze file signatures and view files
- How to conduct hash and entropy analyses and import hash sets
- How to import and export data to and from Project VIC
- How to install external file viewers to EnCase
- How to prepare reports, using templates provided with EnCase
- How to create a report template
- How to restore evidence
- How to archive files and data created through the analysis process
- The proper techniques for handling and preserving evidence
- A desktop/laptop computer.
- Microsoft® Windows operating system is recommended.
- Internet access
- Latest Adobe® Reader software http://www.adobe.com
- Some courses offer the ability to conduct optional practical exercises on a remote workstation. Internet Explorer and Firefox are recommended.
***Security Edition subscription holders may only be registered in two (2) Training OnDemand courses concurrently
You are registering for an online class. EnCase Training OnDemand courses can be accessed online 24/7.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Training materials for this course, including the DF120 - Foundations in Digital Forensics with EnCase OnDemand student manual, will be sent electronically. MANUALS ARE AVAILABLE ONLY IN NON-PRINTABLE TIMED (1-YEAR) EBOOK FORMAT. PHYSICAL COPIES OF MANUALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR TRAINING OnDEMAND COURSES.
This course is intended for digital forensic investigators, including law enforcement, government, military, corporate, IT security, and litigation support professionals. Participants may have minimal computer skills and may be new to the field of computer forensics.
Basic computer skills. Advance preparation for this course is not required.
|Per Student Online||€||2,800.00|
|Per Student Online||GBP||2,200.00|
|Per Student Online||USD||3,200.00|
Taxes: All prices exclude VAT or other taxes where applicable (all currencies).
Extra expenses: Customer site course prices do not include instructor travel expenses, which are billed separately.
Reservations: Please provide a minimum of 3 weeks advance notice when arranging courses at customer sites.
Course and workshop calendar
Below is a listing of all the currently available dates and locations for this course or workshop from OpenText.
|Start Date||End Date||Start Time||TimeZone||Session Duration||Language||Location||Price||Currency||Guaranteed To Run||Add|
|English||Web-based||3,200.00||USD||✔||Add to cart|