3-8101 Application Content Mgmt (formerly AppXtender) Fundamentals for Administrators On Demand
Duration: 5 days
OpenText Application Content Management is an Enterprise Content Management solution that minimizes the costs and risks of paper while increasing productivity by streamlining the capture and management of documents. Application Content Management scans, stores, retrieves, and preserves information, while providing role-based access from a web browser.
Based on an easy-to-use Microsoft Windows/.NET-optimized system, Application Content Management can be deployed right out of the box to provide instant document imaging and retention management capabilities as well as immediate integration with Microsoft Office.
This course is designed as hands-on training to aid individuals responsible for installing, configuring and supporting Application Content Management document imaging systems.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
• Identify the key concepts and components of the Content Management solution Application Content Management
- List planning considerations that should be examined before deploying an Application Content Management system
- Configure MS SQL Server for use with Application Content Management
- View key tables using SQL Server Management Studio
- Install all of the basic components needed to begin creating and using Application Content Management applications
- Use the basic features of Application Administration web page to create applications
- Define the concepts and use the components needed to configure, manage, and use content management security
- Use maintenance tools and describe tasks that the administrator periodically uses to maintain and troubleshoot existing applications
- Use the three different Import utilities
- Explain the general features, components, and benefits of Application Content Management Web Access .NET solution
- Plan the Web Access environment with respect to system requirements, security, availability, scalability, and deployment
- Configure Web Access settings in the web Administrator page
- Install and deploy Web Access Server and the Render Server
- Use browser client interfaces to perform online administration tasks and end-user content management and document processing tasks
- Identify routine monitoring, management and troubleshooting tasks and tools used to maintain the Application Content Management Web Access .NET system
- Experience with Microsoft Windows required
- Recommended to have general knowledge of: • Windows Server system operations and administration • SQL databases • Client-server networking issues, including security, data and file system management