2-6101 Working with Magellan Analytics Designer
Duration: 4 days
This BIRT training course develops the skills needed to build reports using the BIRT Report Designer, an open-source reporting tool built on Eclipse. The course is essential for report developers who want to be immediately productive with the BIRT Report Designer, and want an exhaustive overview of the product's powerful features. Through presentations, demonstrations, and exercises, students are introduced to the design tools and basic reporting concepts, then progressively explore more advanced features. Students create reports that range from simple listing reports to complex reports using grouping, report parameters, multiple master pages, hyperlinks, and data from a variety of data source types.
This is a highly interactive, instructor led class providing many opportunities for students to ask questions, explore new areas, and receive help from the instructor as they work through the exercises.
By the end of this four-day training, students will have mastered the skills to create a wide variety of reports, simple and sophisticated, using the graphical tools of BIRT Report Designer. Each student receives a workbook, which contains all the exercises students will complete in class.
- Orientation and creating your first report
- Formatting a report
- Sorting, grouping, and aggregating data
- Creating reports that use parameters
- Writing expressions
- Building a report that contains subreports
- Connecting to JDBC, text, and XML data sources
- Joining data sets
- Creating and enhancing cross tabs
- Creating charts
- Designing a multipage report
- Designing master pages
- Creating hyperlinks
- Adding interactive features to a chart
- Creating and using libraries
- Creating and using templates
- Public: See scheduled public classes below
- Private: Email Us for information on how you can arrange a private class.
- On Demand
- Register for this option here: Working with Magellan Analytics Designer - On Demand
Developers and Project Managers
|Per Student at OpenText Site||€||2,800.00|
|Per Student at OpenText Site||GBP||2,200.00|
|Per Student at OpenText Site||USD||3,600.00|
Taxes: All prices exclude VAT or other taxes where applicable (all currencies).
Extra expenses: Customer site course prices do not include instructor travel expenses, which are billed separately.
Reservations: Please provide a minimum of 3 weeks advance notice when arranging courses at customer sites.
Course and workshop calendar
Currently, there are no training dates scheduled for this course or workshop at this time. Please contact us to schedule an on-site course or workshop at your location.