OpenText can customize any educational programs to meet your specific business needs.
Customized training and curriculum allows your employees to transfer what they learn with focused training sessions and apply that knowledge to your existing systems immediately, rather than spending time translating what they have learned from standard course offerings.
Our dedicated curriculum developers create learning programs that leverage our existing knowledge and materials to support your custom implementation and the unique needs of your employees and your business.
We help you tie the training we deliver to your company's strategic business goals by providing two key benefits:
- Training employees on new concepts instead of training in areas where they are already proficient
- Training employees on 'high-impact' skills that affect your bottom line.
By working with your team, we will create customized hands-on curriculum designed to meet the needs of your employees.
Floorwalking is designed to augment your project team in software pilot and go-live implementation scenarios. This service consists of having an experienced training consultant on-site who can assist and instruct your employees at their desks.
It can be supplementary to classroom courses and workshops and provides immediate answers to user questions and issues. Floorwalking is particularly effective in aiding end users when they interact with new software. They are able to ask questions with no concerns of being in front of a group. This helps to build user confidence and expertise, as well as helping to lighten the support requirements on your IT staff during key project phases.
The OpenText Training Needs Assessment (TNA) assesses the various aspects of your EIM implementation to identify learning needs and criteria and to recommend training that's specific to your users’ needs. This assessment is a crucial stage in the education and user adoption process.
The Training Needs Assessment will accelerate:
- Improved user adoption, by providing executive sponsors, managers, users and administrators with the business context and benefits of the application (strategic) and clear learning paths beyond the initial setup and deployment to business units (tactical). Improved user adoption increases ROI and allows the Customer to truly take advantage of the process and business gains offered by our products.
- Less time (and costs) to train and to prepare training. Acquiring specific and detailed learning objectives for each of the learning community groups reduces the time to develop and deliver training.
- Reduce reliance on help desk support staff. With an improved level of knowledge in the day-to-day use of the tools, a reduction in technical support, while encouraging the accurate use of our software can be anticipated.
- Ensure a healthy, secure EIM environment by providing your knowledge managers, trainers and system administrators with the right training to use your new tools effectively.
- Improved quality and value of information. Users that understand the value of the system (educated in both the benefits and the 'how to') will store and extend information that is valuable.
For more information please review this TNA Fact Sheet.
It is key to every software roll-out project that the users find the new software easy to use, that they recognize their advantages and rapidly feel comfortable with the new environment. We support the change management process to drive user adoption with various methods.
In addition to the regular course schedule, we offer a variety of consulting services to optimize your learning efforts and accelerate user adoption. These services include the following:
Training Needs Assessment (TNA)
Designed to identify the training needs of those employees who work with and support OpenText Solutions, the TNA delivers:
- An analysis of your EIM user community;
- Approach, strategy and methodology for training identified user communities;
- Training Plan and Schedule.
Every IT solution has its own business needs. OpenText Learning Services can help to optimize curriculum so that you receive best-practice education. Let the Content Experts™ create learning programs that leverage existing knowledge and material to fit the unique needs of your business.
Coaching and Rollout
During the roll-out phase change management is a challenge. OpenText Learning Services can help – whether you need short ‘refresher’ training sessions, half-day workshops, floor walking, intense coaching at users’ desks or roll-out project management. Additionally, OpenText Learning Services create “How To …” reference guides and other end-user materials; these are important tools to help motivate people to ‘buy-in’ to your upcoming changes.
Virtual Learning (eLearning and Virtual Classroom)
Many organizations work in a dispersed environment and traditional classroom training sessions may incur prohibitive travel costs and/or scheduling conflicts. OpenText Learning Services offers a number of eLearning programs and virtual classroom formats for EIM, making it easy for your employees to get the training they need to work more effectively with OpenText Solutions.
For more information, please contact our Training Registrar.
Search for upcoming courses, or register online:
Search or Register
If you have any questions, please contact OpenText Learning Services:
1-888-673-6839 x2343 (US and Canada)
UK, Nordic, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg
Germany & Austria Registrar