OpenText™ Gupta Team Developer
Agile development delivers superior business value
The extreme productivity of Gupta Team Developer helps to build software projects or solutions much quicker than with other development languages, allowing you to deliver your solutions faster than your competition. Gupta Team Developer increases your chances of winning a project and delivering on time and within budget. Gupta Team Developer is a complete solution that includes everything needed to build desktop business applications: A powerful IDE (Gupta SQLWindows), a comprehensive UX assembly kit, intelligent connectivity to databases and services, a database for development and testing, a reporting tool and a team and source management solution.
Reduce time to market of software solutions
OpenText Gupta Team Developer is built to support your efforts to quickly develop and deploy business software solutions to increase your business value. Impress your prospects and customers with very early prototypes and impress them with quick delivery of entire solutions, feature upgrades or custom functionality. This speed gives you a competitive advantage with prospects and existing customers that will receive software quicker than they are used to.
Gupta Team Developer Agile Software Development
- Reduce lead time of an agile project to a minimum, leveraging the superior productivity of Gupta Team Developer.
- Fully supports iterative and incremental development required in agile software development.
- Easy to enable the collective ownership concept needed with agile projects.
- Support frequent builds to give testers and users the latest features and fixes as quickly as possible.
Rich, Flexible and Well-Designed UX Assembly Kit
Gupta Team Developer is for ISVs and corporate development groups who need to build rich UX desktop business applications using data-aware prebuilt high usability controls. It is easy to build modern looking, high-usability UX applications with the Team Developer UX assembly kit. Gupta Team Developer provides a rich library of powerful UX controls that are available in multiple design themes. Developers and application users can customize their application look by choosing their preferred design theme. All controls of the UX assembly kit can easily be bound to data sources. The UX controls provide many options to increase application productivity and to create a highly customizable application experience. The modern UX appearance of Gupta Team Developer applications includes customizable Ribbon Bars, Microsoft® Outlook®-like application navigation, a very powerful Grid Control and much more.
Easily Integrate into Existing Frameworks
Consume REST services provided by software solutions such as SAP®, SalesForce®, and OpenText™ AppWorks™, and create applications that integrate into existing solution frameworks. Gupta Team Developer offers multiple ways of interacting with Web Services and you can use Gupta Team Developer to create Web Service providers to publish your own business logic to developers. You can integrate controls from other providers, access the Windows API and .NET framework to extend the features of your applications and include .NET classes built with other tools. .NET classes built with Team Developer can be included in C# projects for example.
Gupta Team Developer includes robust high speed database connectivity for connecting to Oracle®, SQL Server®, Sybase® and OpenText™ Gupta SQLBase. Other databases can be accessed via ODBC, OLE DB and .NET Data Providers.
One Solution that includes everything to quickly create desktop business solutions
OpenText Gupta Team Developer is a single package that fills all your software development needs.
- Powerful IDE
- Team and source code management
- Business reporting
- A powerful and attractive UX design toolbox
- Integration with other .NET tools and languages
- OpenText Gupta SQLBase database for development and testing
- Well performing database connectivity to almost any database available
Team Developer Application Platforms
- Maximizes code reusability over various deployment platforms.
- applications can be .NET WPF Desktop apps that interact exceptionally well with the .NET framework and other solutions.
- The same source code used for .NET WPF Desktop apps can build and deploy .NET WPF Browser apps.
- Create Win32 and Win64 API based desktop business applications.
- Provide your business logic via Web Services to enable your customers to deeply integrate your solution into their software infrastructure.
Comprehensive set of well-designed data-aware UX Controls
- Powerful Report Builder for application-based reports and end user reporting and report customization.
- Rich data grid, including visual sorting, grouping, column filters and many useful cell types, such as hyperlinks, images, buttons, check boxes and more.
- Page Navigator for Microsoft® Outlook®-like apps.
- Many modern design themes for the user and developer to choose from.
Fast and Easy Configuration
- Integrate with Web Services-enabled solutions via REST services or XML Web Services. Connect your applications to software solutions providing REST APIs, such as SAP, SalesForce, OpenText AppWorks and others. Integrate Team Developer applications with your own service layer.
- Fast and easy to configure database drivers for Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase and OpenText Gupta SQLBase, ODBC, OLE DB and .NET Data Provider connectivity for all other databases.
- Includes SQLBase development database for easy development and application testing.
- Automatic code documentation features of Team Developer help developers document their code without having to manually write their documentation.
Team Developer IDE, Gupta SQLWindows
- Modern Gupta SQLWindows IDE for lightning speed database application development.
- Fast error-free coding using the Active Coding Assistant.
- Outline tabs for quick code navigation and excellent source overview.
- Color-coded outline structured source code allows to quickly understand source code.
- Integrated automated documentation tool.
- Many tools that help to increase developer productivity. For example, the orphaned code tool for detecting unused source code, the task tool for searching and managing tasks, the automated documentation tool and more.