OpenText Exceed 3D
Provide high-fidelity rendering of 3D graphics across remote connections for engineering and design applications.
OpenText™ Exceed 3D is an add-on to OpenText Exceed for rendering OpenGL-based 3D graphics applications over a remote connection. Exceed 3D enables users to access graphical 3D applications running on UNIX®, Linux®, or other X11 desktops from a Microsoft® Windows® PC. It provides support for the OpenGL API—the industry standard three-dimensional programming interface—to ensure that complex applications are rendered and displayed with the best possible accuracy and performance.
- Enables Windows PCs to run high-end engineering and finite analysis applications running on X Window systems, including CAD/CAM/CAE, medical, and seismic applications
- Leverages the accelerated capabilities of modern graphics cards to display complicated three-dimensional drawings running on a remote application server to your local Windows desktop
- Reduces total cost of ownership by replacing expensive UNIX workstations with cost-effective Windows PCs
- Reduces CPU usage for GLX applications, leading to performance improvements in situations where CPU is a limiting factor
Exceed 3D includes:
- Support for the latest X11 servers
- Native 64-bit support for Windows 7 and Windows 8
- Support for the latest GLX 1.4
- 3D Overlay support
- Multi-language support
- Direct Rendering support
- Support for OpenGL 1.4 extensions in device drivers