OpenText Secure Mail
OpenText Secure Mail is a cloud-based secure messaging solution for tracking, securing and controlling email messages and attachments. It has been estimated that as much as 75% of a company’s intellectual property is contained within email and messaging systems. Secure Mail enables internal and external users as well as applications to easily exchange confidential email information.
Given increasingly sophisticated security threats and harsh financial penalties for a breach, organizations have to increase the security of their most widely used communication tool - email. However, they must also balance security with the need to communicate confidential information fast and easy. Secure Mail’s tight integration with existing email systems makes exchanging encrypted messages and files remarkably simple.
Sending a traditional email is always a gamble in that you’re not quite sure that your recipient has read your message. How many emails do you receive in a day that go unread? How many unread emails are in your inbox? With Secure Mail’s patented Delivery Slip, you’ll always know if your recipient has read your email or even forwarded it to someone else.
Secure Mail protects your data wherever it is – even when accessing it on your phone. Data is secured in transit with a minimum of 128bit SSL connectivity and at rest with AES 256-bit encryption, reducing the risk of traditional email’s high vulnerability to a breach. You can add a password to each message.
Pre-emptive Data Loss Prevention allows keyword inspecting of all messages, black listing of message content, and enforces or recommends using Secure Mail based on policies before the message is actually sent. This helps reduce the risk of accidental or intentional employee leakage of information.
EASILY EXCHANGE SECURE MESSAGES AND ATTACHMENTS WITH EACH OTHER,
CUSTOMERS AND PARTNERS
- Tight integration with Microsoft Outlook® for both internal and external users
- Comprehensive message tracking lets you see the status of each message by recipient
- Recall messages and block access even after they have been received
- Policy-based data leakage protection including automatic encryption based on keywords, regular expressions (regex) and domains of recipients
- Native app support for iOS, Android and Blackberry mobile and tablet devices
- Rapid deployment in the cloud
- Documented REST-based APIs enable integration into applications and workflows for automated sending
- Configurable user permission to feature sets, white labeling and message expirations
- Allows archiving of secure messages decrypted into any third-party cloud archive solution
- Strengthens compliance programs to protect confidential information and helps ensure it only goes to the intended recipients
- Improves ease of communicating confidential information between employees, customers and partners
- Supports Bring Your Own Device policies
- Accelerates processes dependent on the flow of confidential information
- Reduces IT costs and responsibilities to manage and upgrade on-premises solutions