Courses & Workshops
2-0106 Content Server Information Administration
Duration: 2 days
This course is designed for Business Analysts, Knowledge Managers, Project Leaders, support staff and others who are responsible for managing or administering the intellectual assets of their organization but may not have Content Server System Administrator Rights.This course will help you gain a detailed understanding of how to control metadata and permissions structures as well as setup options for system administration and search configuration that affect business users and information management.
Some of the main topics include: defining groups and managing community structures, permission models and permission types, and the impact of Records Management permissions options to ACL. You will be working with Category design and examine Facets and Columns to help you manage your Search options, reviewing LiveReports versus Search, customizing the user interface with Custom Views and Appearances, and working with different languages and multilingual metadata.
- Configure Facets and work with metadata, and discuss design considerations for your Content Server community
- Identify the purposes of your information Security Model
- Work with extended information security available with the Records Management module
- Understand the Administration settings related to interface configuration
Course Objectives: On Completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Define groups and manage community structures
- Set group leaders to facilitate group management
- Set permissions on document management items and work items
- Create categories, attributes, and additional node attributes
- Work with Facets, Facet Trees, and customize columns
- Configure server and security parameters
- Customize the user interface with Custom Views and Appearances
- Work with different languages and multilingual metadata
Information Administrators responsible for managing the intellectual assets of their organization, such as Knowledge Managers, Business Analysts, Project Leaders, and support staff.
- 1-0101 Knowledge Fundamentals
- 1-0102-eL Essential Concepts in Using OpenText Content Server v10 or equivalent knowledge
- 1-0103-eL Advanced Concepts in Using OpenText Content Server v10 or equivalent knowledge
- 2-0120 Records Management
Format Currency Price Per Student at Open Text Site € - Germany 1,400.00 Per Student at Open Text Site € - Spain 1,000.00 Per Student at Open Text Site GBP 1,100.00 Per Student at Open Text Site USD 1,790.00 Per Course at Customer Site USD 9,000.00
Taxes: All prices exclude VAT or other taxes where applicable (all currencies).
Extra expenses: Customer site course prices do not include instructor travel expenses, which are billed separately.
Reservations: Please provide a minimum of 3 weeks advance notice when arranging courses at customer sites.
Course & Workshop Calendar
Below is a listing of all the currently available dates and locations for this course and/or workshop from Open Text.
Selection & Registration Process
Before you can register for a course or workshop, you need to select which one you want to attend. To do this, simply click on the "Add to cart" link and it will be added to your shopping cart.
Note: After clicking on the "Add to cart" link, you will be taken to the main course and workshop selection page where all of the courses and workshops you have added to your shopping cart will appear at the top of the page.
Once you have selected all the courses and workshops you want to attend, simply select the "Check-out link and complete the registration form.
Date Course Type Course Name Language Location Price Add Jan 24, 2017 On-site English Virtual Classroom - North America 1,790.00 Add to Cart Feb 14, 2017 On-site English Ottawa, ON - OpenText 1,790.00 Add to Cart