Courses & Workshops
4-3121 OpenText Case360 Developers Essentials
Duration: 4 days
Students undertaking this training program gain an understanding of the components of Case360. They will extensively use the supplied interfaces for Designers, Administrators, and End-users. This course will also provide, through examples and labs, a complete understanding of techniques and tools needed to build a OpenText Case360 application.
Here are the course topics and learning objectives:
- Case360 Product Overview
- Describe some business functions of Case360 and its product architecture.
- Use the Configuration Tool to affect logging and application behaviour.
- Field Management System and the Database
- Understand that Case360 database tables store data about Case360 objects
- Describe the role of the Fields tool in the Case360 toolbox
- Case360 Repository
- Describe what a Case360 repository is
- Name the five internal repositories of Case360
- Describe how queries relate to a repository
- Explain the use of Subqueries and Query Forms
- Describe the function of the Query preprocessor
- The Form Data Repository and the Filestore Repository
- Describe the difference between the Form Data repository and the Filestore repository.
- Create instances of a Form Data template and create queries that display them.
- Describe typical ways that users interact with Form Data and Filestore data.
- Upload files into the Filestore Repository and create queries to access the file objects.
- Create and use a storage controller.
- The Casefolder Repository
- Describe the functions of a Casefolder and create a Casefolder template.
- Use database relations to facilitate mappings of form data templates into Casefolder templates.
- Create a custom field layout using Layout Designer.
- Create a query using the Query Preprocessor.
- Create instances of a Casefolder template and create queries that display them.
- The Process Repository
- Describe Case360 features related to process management.
- Create a process using Process Designer.
- Administer a process using the Process Tool and Process Dashboard.
- Describe the use of fields in a process.
- Use Dispatch buttons to control process instance routing.
- Case360 Security
- Describe how Case360 handles security and user access.
- Describe the difference between authentication and authorization.
- Assign users to Roles, Roles to ACLs, ACLs to objects, and Permissions to Roles.
- Solution Deployments
- Describe the various deployment environments.
- Use the Applications tool to control how applications are imported and exported.
- Describe some steps to deploy software updates.
- Describe the server's license key mechanism.
- Export and Import applications.
- Lifecycle Management
- Describe the benefits of Lifecycle Management.
- List the activities included in a typical lifecycle process definition.
- Describe how the storage controller is used in Lifecycle Management.
- Define an archive process template and schedule the run of the archiving process.
- List two types of retention management processes.
- Persona Based Solutions
- Describe what a persona is and how Case360 is sensitive to them.
- Describe some typical features of a Persona-based Home Page.
- How to add or remove Personas to Case360.
- Business Application Design
- Describe some ways in which Case360 can be customized.
- How to use the new persona-based Casefolder frameset.
- Display Filestore objects in a custom frameset.
- Display a Case360 Home Page using a custom style sheet.
- Manage errors using a Script Event Handler.
- Describe what the Case360 Capture Broker does.
- Create a Capture Broker.
- Case360 process developers (Personnel who primarily use Designer View, Personnel who develop process maps)
- Case360 application developers (Personnel who develop user interfaces to support the business process)
- Experience in a technical development role; experience in application programming.
- Familiarity with the case management requirements addressed by their Case360 system.
Format Currency Price Per Student at Open Text Site € 2,800.00 Per Student at Open Text Site € - Benelux 2,800.00 Per Student at Open Text Site AUD 3,200.00 Per Course at Customer Site USD 18,000.00
Taxes: All prices exclude VAT or other taxes where applicable (all currencies).
Extra expenses: Customer site course prices do not include instructor travel expenses, which are billed separately.
Reservations: Please provide a minimum of 3 weeks advance notice when arranging courses at customer sites.
Course & Workshop Calendar
Currently, there are no training dates scheduled for this course or workshop at this time. Please contact us to schedule an on-site course or workshop at your location.