Courses & Workshops
4-3805 OpenText Discovery Server Java Toolkit: Introduction
Duration: 1 Day
This course introduces students to the OpenText Discovery Server Java Toolkit, an application development toolkit that allows Discovery Server to be used in a Java environment. Students learn the concepts and terminology of a Java Toolkit application, including servlets, beans and custom tags. Students also learn how to construct a simple interface to Discovery Server using the Java Toolkit.
This course includes an instructor led presentation and demonstration of the Discovery Server Java Toolkit.
By the end of the course you will learn:
- The general concepts of a Java interface to Discovery Server, including use cases
- The benefits of using the Discovery Server Java Toolkit
- The hardware and software requirements of a Discovery Server Java Toolkit solution
- The architecture of an application that uses the Discovery Server Java Toolkit
- The different types of object exposed by the Discovery Server Java Toolkit
- The components of a Discovery Server Java Toolkit installation
- The documentation supplied with the Discovery Server Java Toolkit
- How to perform an action by calling a servlet
- How to retrieve information by using a bean
- How to display information by using a custom tag
- How to construct a simple user interface to Discovery Server using the Java Toolkit
If you are interested in this course, you may also consider:
- OpenText Discovery Server Java Toolkit: Advanced
This course is intended for those responsible for the basic modification and/or administration of a Java application using the Discovery Server Java Toolkit. It is also intended to be a precursor to the OpenText Discovery Server Java Toolkit: Advanced course.
- General understanding of OpenText Discovery Server
- General understanding of the Java language
- Basic knowledge of JSP, including custom tags Basic knowledge of Tomcat
|Per Student at Open Text Site||USD||895.00|
Taxes: All prices exclude VAT or other taxes where applicable (all currencies).
Extra expenses: Customer site course prices do not include instructor travel expenses, which are billed separately.
Reservations: Please provide a minimum of 3 weeks advance notice when arranging courses at customer sites.
Course & Workshop Calendar
Currently, there are no training dates scheduled for this course or workshop at this time. Please contact us to schedule an on-site course or workshop at your location.