Courses & Workshops
1-2921 Understanding and Using OTCA Manager
Duration: 2 days
This training series covers the basic functions of the Authority File & Taxonomy Manager and OTCA Manager. The main objective of this training series is to allow users to gain functional expertise using Nstein’s software.
At the end of the sessions, users will be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts of OTCA Manager
- Create, import, and maintain authority files taxonomies, and thesaurus
- Create, import, and maintain knowledge bases
- Refine knowledge bases for better categorization results
- Maximize the overall use of OTCA Manager
If you are interested in this course, you may also consider these courses:
- 2-2922 OTCA Techniques
This training series is intended for functional users of Authority File & Taxonomy Manager and OTCA Manager, namely indexers and content management professionals.
1-2920 General introduction – OTCA
This training series consists of theoretical and practical sessions geared towards gaining an in-depth understanding of the software:
Session 1:Fundamental Basics of OTCA Manager
- What are the basic concepts behind AFTM?
- What type of information is managed in AFTM?
- A guided tour of AFTM
- Creating taxonomies and authority files
- Maintaining taxonomies and authority files
- Adding and Deleting terms
- Adding new attributes
- Importing and exporting taxonomies
- Managing User Accounts
- What is the basic idea behind a knowledge base?
- What are the different types of corpora?
- How are they used for categorization?
- A Practical tour of KBM
- Building Knowledge Bases
- What are the different types of refinement available?
- How do they affect categorization?
- How can we build our own rules?
- Hands-on practice: Refining a KB using practical examples
- Refining a KB using different methods
- Testing the KB
- Discussing scenarios
- Looking at the practical test results
- Providing tips and discussing observations
- Answering questions
|Per Student at Open Text Site||USD||2,995.00|
|Per Course at Customer Site||USD||14,975.00|
Taxes: All prices exclude VAT or other taxes where applicable (all currencies).
Extra expenses: Customer site course prices do not include instructor travel expenses, which are billed separately.
Reservations: Please provide a minimum of 3 weeks advance notice when arranging courses at customer sites.
Course & Workshop Calendar
Currently, there are no training dates scheduled for this course or workshop at this time. Please contact us to schedule an on-site course or workshop at your location.