Courses & Workshops
1-3421 Managing Content with OpenText Web Experience Management v16
Duration: 2 Days
This course teaches students the fundamentals of Web Experience Management. Students learn content management terminology and concepts such as workflow, sites, channels, and folders. Students also learn the essential content management tasks including content creation, content type definitions (modeling), and the site/channel hierarchy.
This course includes instructor led activities and demonstration of Web Experience Management software and its tools such as the Content Workspaces and the In-context Management Environment.
- Introduction to the Content Workspaces user interface
- Specific task-driven activities for content contributors and managers
- Using the In-Context Management Environment features including In-line editing and drag-and-drop for assets
- Activities and demonstrations utilizing the provided sample site
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the basics of content management
- Log into the Web Experience Management Content Workspaces
- Describe the basics of content items and types in Web Experience Management
- Create and manage files and database backed content items
- Describe sites and channels and their relationship to content
- Use in-context editing to modify pages and content items
- Create multi-language content
- Describe role-base security in Web Experience Management
- Use and manage workflows in Web Experience Management
- Publish content
- Perform basic publishing troubleshooting
Business users, content contributors, content managers
|Per Student at Open Text Site||€ - Benelux||1,400.00|
|Per Student at Open Text Site||AUD||1,600.00|
|Per Student at Open Text Site||BRL||1,836.00|
|Per Student at Open Text Site||GBP||1,100.00|
|Per Student Online||USD||1,790.00|
Taxes: All prices exclude VAT or other taxes where applicable (all currencies).
Extra expenses: Customer site course prices do not include instructor travel expenses, which are billed separately.
Reservations: Please provide a minimum of 3 weeks advance notice when arranging courses at customer sites.
Course & Workshop Calendar
Currently, there are no training dates scheduled for this course or workshop at this time. Please contact us to schedule an on-site course or workshop at your location.