Courses & Workshops
3-3451 Portal Overview (v8.x) (formerly 1350)
Duration: 1 Day
Vignette Portal allows organizations to rapidly build, customize, and manage multiple web sites across the enterprise. Portal provides personalized access to disparate business applications, content, and web services. Vignette Portal Overview provides a comprehensive overview of Vignette Portal and its features, functionality, and capabilities. In addition, this course examines how a typical user interfaces with Vignette Portal site and how to perform fundamental site administration tasks.
By the end of the course you will learn how to:
- Identify the benefits and capabilities of Vignette Portal
- Describe the architecture of Vignette Portal
- Navigate the Server Console and the Site Consoles to Create a Portal site
- Create and permission portlets
- Create and configure portal pages
- Create the site navigation tree
- Share Portal content among several Portal sites
- Customize the look and feel of a Portal site
If you are interested in this course, you may also consider these courses:
- Vignette Portal – Foundation: Managing Portal Server and Sites
- 4350 Vignette Portal: Developing JSR Portlets
- 4351 Vignette Portal: Developing PortalBean Portlets
- 3350 Vignette Portal System Administration
- 4352 Vignette Portal User Interface Development
This course is intended for:
- Project Managers
- Team Leads
- Line of Business Managers
This course enables business users, those who will be involved in deploying an IDM solution.
Familiarity with Web servers and application servers.
|Per Student at Open Text Site||€ - Benelux||700.00|
|Per Student at Open Text Site||AUD||800.00|
|Per Student at Open Text Site||BRL||918.00|
|Per Student at Open Text Site||GBP||550.00|
|Per Student at Open Text Site||SGD||800.00|
|Per Student at Open Text Site||USD||895.00|
Taxes: All prices exclude VAT or other taxes where applicable (all currencies).
Extra expenses: Customer site course prices do not include instructor travel expenses, which are billed separately.
Reservations: Please provide a minimum of 3 weeks advance notice when arranging courses at customer sites.
Course & Workshop Calendar
Currently, there are no training dates scheduled for this course or workshop at this time. Please contact us to schedule an on-site course or workshop at your location.